Tips for great guests review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Tips for great guests review. It really works!

I summerize a few of my, easy to do, suggestions how to make your guests feel exceptionally. Hope you find some of them useful.

- get a small blackboard and prior guests arrival write welcome note in their own language. Maybe even draw symbol of the city or country where they come from. Guests will be impressed with your attention.

- if guests leave your place clean be sure to tell them that! Guest will be very pleased and feel great that you noiced it.

- having a guest with a baby or maybe a pet? Leave baby bibs or baby rattle. Guest will be really suprised and overwhelmed that you remember their yungest one. Or maybe a pet cookies for their furry friend.

- I suggest to visit all best places to see and save the exact google location coordinates on your cell phone and send them to your guests explaining where each Google shared location leads to. They will appreciate your informations and enjoy your recommendations that only locals know and can not be found in any tourist guidebooks and brochures. 

- during the stay of your guests always ask is everithing OK and do they need something. Guests will see you as careful and easily reachable host whom they can turn to at any time if needed.

- before guests arrival buy a souvenir of your city and place it out of the eye reach. On the check out day message them wishing safe back home and tell them to take a look at that "hidden place". It will create that WOW! effect and your guests will be amazed with your attention.

47 Replies 47
Justin90
Level 3
Munnar, India

@Blagoje0  Thank you for the tips.. Sure its going to helo people like me

I also wrote few welcoming tips so you can share some of yours ideas there.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Welcoming-tips/m-p/321494#M73775

Ivana45
Level 2
Omiš, Croatia

I love your advice about blackboard, can imagine myself impresed when something like that welcome me in apartment.

Do you put some cold water in refrigerator to refresh guest when they arrive? or some small boxes of butter and marmelade, or some similar things...something like welcome kit.

I was thinking to do such thing, but some experiences of host shows that this can be a double-edged sword....

@Ivana45

I put water and fresh juice to every guest. Also coffee and tea bags. And Ivana you can't be wrong if you put a pack of Domaćice :)(Croatian famous biscuits). 
Glad you like my tips.

We put a small basket in our rooms (we have 2) that contain a bottle of water, a package of 6 cheese crackers, apple juice, small candy bars, hard candy (wrapped up) cups of apple sauce and a spoon. Go to a "dollar store" for items.

I do it. I put some cold water, 1 beer and 1 coca in the refrigerator. 

I also offer a typica cookies as welcome

Hi @Ivan45 we have a welcoming pack which we include 2x  200mls bottle of Prosecco, 3 x cans of beer, bagels, 6 free range eggs, bacon, 300mls milk, chocolates, cheese board & a card welcoming them to our little piece of paradise & wishing them an enjoyable stay & not hesitate to contact us if there is anything they need or query!  We supply this so that when they arrive they can sit back, unwind & relax! So I would highly recommend you doing this as we have always received great positive reviews, all the best stay safe & well, happy hosting 

313BE143-AC5A-4FDD-9E0C-938E87DB734A.jpeg

 the welcoming pack we left for 3 air Bnb contract workers we added sausages, freshly baked ANZAC biscuits & shortbread!

Janet147
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

I knit many dish cloths while watching TV/movies etc. and put them in a bad with a thank you note to my guests.  They all seem to like them.  They have been mentioned in our reviews.  Just a thought.

I also have small cards (calligraphy) that I make up with our address and phone numbers for guests that are going out, to contact us.  We have many guests who are on foot and it helps with the Uber and Lyft drivers.

I love the idea of an address card. It is a 'hint' I use when travelling to pick up a card for the place I am staying in so I can always find my way back. Thank You, @Janet147

Susan869
Level 6
Lupton, United Kingdom

Love the blackboard idea.....I’m stealing that one! 

@Susan869 The toughest part of hosting is keeping a high energy attitude when greeting your new guests. In order to continue getting high 5 ratings, you've got to have a stage presence. The first impression is the lasting one. Each guest wants to be treated as a unique individual. It's not easy to accomplish this cordial greeting if the guest is low energy. You don't  want to overdue it either!  With frequent turnovers, the guests start to blur into a mass conglomerate of faces. You've got to keep greeting new guests as if it's the only show in town.

All details done? Check list done? It gets repetitious! Fresh flowers, fruit? 

The last thing I do before guests arrive? 

I check under beds and sofas to insure nothing has been missed. No socks, no candy wrappers, no marbles. It's amazing! I always find something even after vacuuming and mopping!!!   

Hi   ,You are so right about that, I now find I am spending more time  on the inside of my home, which is frustrating ,as my passion is outside on my four acres ,but I am finding that the inside is more important than the outside , because my guests like to explore the area I live in, and dont stay long enough to enjoy what I have created, so it is a matter of .........Do I hire a gardener, or  do I hire a housekeeper  , but I find with hosted Air BnB , that people love to talk , and share their experiences , and become very close in the period they stay, and when they leave , I am so sad ....

@Welcome0wrote:

@Susan869 The toughest part of hosting is keeping a high energy attitude when greeting your new guests. In order to continue getting high 5 ratings, you've got to have a stage presence. The first impression is the lasting one. Each guest wants to be treated as a unique individual. It's not easy to accomplish this cordial greeting if the guest is low energy. You don't  want to overdue it either!  With frequent turnovers, the guests start to blur into a mass conglomerate of faces. You've got to keep greeting new guests as if it's the only show in town.

I check under beds and sofas to insure nothing has been missed. No socks, no candy wrappers, no marbles. It's amazing! I always find something even after vacuuming and mopping!!!   

@Welcome0wrote:

@Welcome0wrote:

Point taken , Susan , which I do anyway , because I only present , what I would expect myself

I have a bound guest book. I always remind my guests to write something and sign it.   The children have made some beautiful drawings. This ties together all of our experiences in a compact diary from our guests from all over the world. Most of my guests have written something. I love reading it!