To host or not to host….???

James1813
Level 4
Almancil, Portugal

To host or not to host….???

Hey guys! 

thanks for taking the time to read my question, I appreciate your time and thoughts.

So, I woke up this morning to find a request to stay, however the guest details and profile were not as expected….

The guest has no name, the name is a company name, a close example of the name “GeminisAssociatesLegalMarketingSL”, the account was started in June 2020 and has no reviews, no visible picture (at this stage) and the account is verified only by phone and email.

The guest has also sent me a message simply saying “Hi James, I will be there at 5pm, best wishes Dave. (guest name has been changed).

So, to host or not to host…..???

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@James1813  Ask him questions to  clarify.  "Hi Dave, thanks for your request. I don't think you understand what a booking request is. The host has to either accept or decline the request, and they make the decision to do that based on a guest's  past reviews, the information in your profile, and the way a guest communicates. "Arriving at 5" assumes that the booking has been accepted and gives me no information to work with. Please be more forthcoming about why you were attracted to my listing, why you are travelling here, and a bit about yourself. Have you thoroughly read my listing info, including the house rules and cancellation policy?Also why is your profile in the name of a company? And I see you have not uploaded any verified ID to the Airbnb site nor written up any profile for yourself."

If he doesn't reply in time, or replies inadequately or in a way that doesn't set your mind at ease, decline.

BTW, I got one like that. Not a company profile, but the message said only "Arriving at noon". When I prompted him for more info, he was forthcoming and turned out to be a good guest.

I don't know the age of your guest, but a lot of young people these days seem to think all communication is like a two word text message to their friends.

Thanks for the reply!

I did send him a message after writing this post, let’s see what he says! 

thanks again for the reassurance!