Too many emails from Airbnb

Joseph1359
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Too many emails from Airbnb

Is there any way to stop getting emails from Airbnb? I only want to communicate through the app. 

I've gone to Account > Notifications and turned off everything. I've clicked "unsubscribe from all marketing emails"

But I still get email notifications about upcoming reservations, etc. Does anyone else have this issue?

I just get waaaaaaaaaaay too many airbnb emails and my inbox is crying out for relief. 

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joseph1359 Alerts of guest requests, inquiries or messages aren't marketing emails. But you should be able to uncheck the box to receive alerts through email. I don't think you can opt to not receive notifications of guest communication entirely, and not sure why you would want to, but there is a choice of push notifications, email, or text.

If you can't get the emails to stop, set up another email address, and change your Airbnb to that email adress so it doesn't clutter up your regular email. 

The opt out on the email is because everything comes to the app anyway and so we don’t need it on email aswell! It just means more time deleting useless emails! 

@Debbie940  Airbnb has a lot of tech glitches. Everything might not come to the app. It's a good idea to have a couple of notification options checked in case one fails.

It's also a good idea to make a note of guest's phone numbers off platform as soon as a booking is confirmed in case something screws up and you can't get into your account.

AngieMel0
Level 1
Rennes, France

No answer, but just adding an amen in case staff sees. It's way too freaking many. Between the reminders, the confirmations, the inquiry notifications, more reminders to not miss deadlines for inquiries or pending reservations even though you're still waiting for information...! yeesh! The app is should be enough. The reminders are specially unnecessary. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @AngieMel0 ,

I am sorry to hear that you are not finding these reminders helpful! I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Meanwhile, please feel free to put in your detailed feedback through the Feedback Form for the Airbnb teams, if you would like.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines