Town of Ramara Short Term Rental licencing program.

Shirley88
Level 2
Georgina, Canada

Town of Ramara Short Term Rental licencing program.

Hi everyone, 

I host short term rentals at my cottage during the summer months in Ramara, Ontario, Canada. This past summer, the Township implemented a str licencing program  (terrible timing with Covid-19 upon us) The program involves an annual fee of $1000, fire safety and building inspections, increase of liability insurance as well as other rules and regulations. 

Although I totally get it that there is a need to regulate strs due to a few bad apples in the area, I find the program over the top and too expensive for what the area has to offer. I would like to approach the Town council with some recommendations for changes to the program for next year.

Is there anyone who has a str in Ramara ? I would love to know how you feel about the new rules.

Thanks!

Shirley 

7 Replies 7
Saeid10
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I am happy to join as well. 

Saeid10
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Shirley88  are you already licensed with the town ? 

Hi Shirley - Happy to talk if you want to!!

Hi @Dipen8  are you already licensed STR in ramara ? We have joint with couple of other members trying to get our licensed approved . I we already hired a lawyer to represent us . If you have the same issue we can talk more .

Hi - Sure - happy to discuss!! @Saeid10 

You can reach me at

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Saeid10 @Dipen8 ,

As it is not allowed to share phone numbers or personal information for safety reasons ( as per theCommunity Center Guidelines), please feel free to send each other messages by visiting each other's profile and clicking on Send message button. This will enable you to chat further in personal messages. Like below : 

Bhumika_0-1681489074169.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines