Transaction History-Upcoming Payouts Tab-Just discovered missing payment from

Kathryn52
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Transaction History-Upcoming Payouts Tab-Just discovered missing payment from

Hello Airbnb hosts,

I went to my Airbnb Transactions History today to see about a delayed payment and discovered (I think again) the upcoming payments tab. It was then that I found three missing payments, one from last year, one from 6 months ago and the one from last week. All three transactions involved reservation alterations that were perhaps caused by payment methods used to make the initial reservations that were invalid when the alterations occured.

Hosts, check for upcoming payouts tab under Transaction History to see if you have unpaid reservations! My three long overdue unpaid transactions total over $600!

Airbnb Payments-Upcoming history.png

The three delayed payouts have been submitted to Airbnb Help a short time ago. Will provide an update to this post when resolution is made.

5 Replies 5
Van-and-Leigh0
Level 2
East Lansing, MI

We’ve had this occur several times. Payment apparently is not conformed for an alteration and since it becomes a new booking, I think, you may not receive payment for the original booking either.  On top of that of all the notifications Airbnb sends, this isn’t one of them.  Agents I’ve spoke. To seem aware of this glitch, but all they can offer to fix it is leave feedback.  

@Van-and-Leigh0 

Well we can see from the date of the OP, just how long this particular alterations "glitch" has been doing the rounds (it's actually even a lot longer than this). Yet still, here we are in 2020, and this "glitch", which is depriving countless hosts of substantial amounts of earned income, still hasn't been fixed. (If you type "missing payouts" in the search box, you'll find endless threads relating to this issue)

The mind boggles when contemplating how many millions (or tens/hundreds of millions) must have been left "resting" in Airbnb's accounts over the past decade, by hosts who have never discovered the discrepancies. 

We should all be asking serious questions about how it's even possible that all these known, long-term, cash-sucking "glitches" still haven't been rectified, years down the line. And demanding straight, believable answers. 

Van-and-Leigh0
Level 2
East Lansing, MI

Agreed, airbnb has reimbursed us so far, not sure why they wouldn’t fix this. The only winners are dishonest “guests” 

@Van-and-Leigh0 

In the vast majority of instances, the guests have actually paid, in full, but Airbnb claims the "glitch" prevented the payout from being released. 

And they do release the payourts - eventually - but only after the host has discovered the missing payouts themselves, and pester CX to release them.