Transfer bank fee in payment

Aida11
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Transfer bank fee in payment

Hello evryone, 

I am using airbnb services from 2014 and I never had similar experience. I live in Bosnia and Heryegovina and I use my IBAN account for payments. It seams that airbnb changed they transfer bank, therefore, for each transaction the transit bank charges 10 euros. This is an issue in my case, because I am renting my property for 30 euros and often per single night. 

I would like to know if anyone had similar experience and if there is somthing I could do about it, or someone I could contact regarding this matter. 

Also, I was considering to add PayPal as an payment option, but I do not have experience with it, so I do not know if this additional fee would be charged anyhow. 

Many thanks for your time and potentional advices. 

My best wishes, 

Aida

20 Replies 20
William98
Level 1
Krong Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia

Hello Aida, my name is William, i am new on airbnb and i did rent a studio that i have in cambodia. I rent it 39$ per night. A group of people spent one night and i received that message then :

Hi William,
We've issued you a payout of $38 via Bank Transfer. This payout should arrive in your account by Sep 02, 2016, taking into consideration weekends and holidays.
The thing is that I received only 18$ and then -10$ straight away. So i only get 8$ from my rent ! It makes me losing money so i can not go further. I have few guests asking me to rent it but i don't know what to do. I might stop but it is a shame. Maybe an another payment form would be more reasonnable ? Could you fixed your problem ? If yes did you try paypal option ? Thanx for any reply that could help.

Thank you

Best Regards

William

Aida11
Level 1

Dear William, 

I am sorry to read that you are facing similar situation as I.

Unfortunately, I did not fix my problem yet. I was hoping someone would advice me what shall I do regarding this, but you are the only person who replied to my request. It is an big issue, because I was never informed about additional fee cost via email or anything similar, therefore my only option in this moment is to raise my price, but it is bad option, because I will lose gusts. 

I lost more that 80 euros per 7 days on this mysterious additional fee. 

When I went to my bank, people told me that the airbnb changed transfer bank. They have three banks which services they were using, the one they used until now did not charged transfer, but for some reason, they changed transfer bank (as I understood this one is located in Paris) and charges every transaction 10 euros. I did not try pay-pal option yet, but I will try to arrange it during the week. 

Let's keep in touch. If I have any additional information, I will inform you. 

My best wishes, 

Aida

i just found out that i am charged 27 usd under rent 600 usd and rent payout over 600 usd cost 46 usd. I am amaized its quazzy high cost because i also pay my own bank aprox 10-14 usd per swift.

is paypal cheaper and how is it possible to concact AIRbnb - they call as soon as a customer have an isue with toilet paper but as a host you cannot get in contact with AIRbnb

hope someone can help / and please if AIRbnb suport see this please get in contact with me / we have to reduce cost for money transfer it has cost me 810 usd from primo may to ultimo august. 

regards

kim **

Hi Aida and William!

I see this is an older post, and I was curious if and how you managed to resolve the issue? We are new hosts and have had a couple of reservations so far and we have set the payout preference to be international wire. One payout that was below 100 EUR didn´t have any extra fees but the fee of our local bank (which is ok), but all the other payouts had an additional bánking fee of 15 EUR per transaction. I find it rather weird that it was the same amount, whether it was 150 EUR or whether it was 600 EUR. We are now thinking to change the payout preferences - for Bosnia the only two other options we have is paypal (which will include the PP conversion fee) and Western Union (which says: fees 10 USD per transaction). Somehow, it doesn´t make sense that the Western Union fee is fixed and doesn´t depend on the total amount of money that is sent. I wonder if anyone can confirm from experience, what the cheapest solution would be. I don´t want to pay them banksters any more than really necessary...

Also, I wonder if it can be of any advantage (or disadvantage) if you as a host are registered in one country (in my case Croatia, I live and work in Dubrovnik) but the property that we are renting is in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Namely, when I scroll throught the payout options, I can choose between different countries (Croatia has more payout options than Bosnia) - I wonder if there is maybe a way how to take this to our advantage, when it comes to saving transaction fees....

Thanks to anyone, who can comment on this...

Kind regards,

Anada

Thank you for

you can put a minimum transfer fee IE mine is 300usd

Sanja-and-Iva0
Level 2
Skopje, Macedonia

Hi everyone,

We are also new as hosts on Air BNB and have the same problem.

Did you resolve the issue? 

We were wondering if the solution would be to set a minimum payout so that you don`t pay the ammount of 20USD per transaction?
It`s pretty shady od Air BNB to not show a solution to the problem and not even report it anywhere.

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Iris102
Level 1

Hi there. Looks like we all have a same issue here. I've just noticed that for every transaction I had this and last year, larger then 150EUR, I'm missing 27EUR; lost between AirBnB and local bank. For US bank they take approx. 15$. 

The email I've received from support is even worse, claiming that they can't be hold responsibile for what is happening with money once they make payout?! 

Funny thing is that in Help material, part about payout calculation -there is not one word about this shady fee.

Has anyone tried PayPall? Thinking about trying this one before calling quit on this scam. 

If anyone has any more info on this please share. 

All the best,

I.

Exact same thing in Serbia. I am shocked. This is just not worth it. The price of apartment in the city centre is 25-30 eur no matter what it is like, and then I get ripped off with this high fee.

Dušan0
Level 2
Novi Sad, Serbia

Why you guys dont use Payoneer card instead? With it you can take cash from atm once few payments are gethered and although it would have bank exhchange rate and fees from Payoneer for withdraw still it will be less then what you all are mentioning.
Not sure that Paypal is possible, at least in Serbia at the moment.

This is refferal code from Payoneer, but also I believe you have that option from airbnb in payout prefferences and you can order it from there too.

Hi people, 

I just experienced the same problem with the international transfer payout method!

Airbnb issued a payout of 225 EUR to me some days ago, and the fee of my local bank is 15 EUR per transfer (I asked them before airbnb sent me the payout) which is OK, but I thought thats the only fee that my bank takes from the payout, so I will be left with 210 EUR from 225 EUR.

Now I have just recieved the money and I have 190 EUR on my bank,  so 20 EUR more are gonne somewhere which I don't even now. 

This is redicilous and Airbnb should let people now about this weird fee that people are paying during the payout. 

German69
Level 2
Chivirico, CU

I have also had the same issue. Our bank does not charge the fee for transfers of $45 or less, but charges $17 per transaction above that. As a result I have set a minimum transfer.  It is another hidden cost is running our bnb

I have the same problem now in Macedonia 😕 12eu per transaction!

Dali najdovte reshenie za ova shto se sluchuva so 12€ od intermediernata banka?

Inaku stanuva zbor za Commerze bank Frankfurt kako intermedierna banka a prethodno Airbnb koristea drugi banki ( vo mojot sluchaj Nova Ljubljanska banka)

da. airbnb ja promeni bankata i sega nasite transakcii se so minimu 20$ provizija ... so cenite na stanovite vo sk ne se isplaka da imas gosti veke ... osven ako ne ti e 100$ od vecer stanot.