Transfer bank fee in payment

Aida11
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Transfer bank fee in payment

Hello evryone, 

I am using airbnb services from 2014 and I never had similar experience. I live in Bosnia and Heryegovina and I use my IBAN account for payments. It seams that airbnb changed they transfer bank, therefore, for each transaction the transit bank charges 10 euros. This is an issue in my case, because I am renting my property for 30 euros and often per single night. 

I would like to know if anyone had similar experience and if there is somthing I could do about it, or someone I could contact regarding this matter. 

Also, I was considering to add PayPal as an payment option, but I do not have experience with it, so I do not know if this additional fee would be charged anyhow. 

Many thanks for your time and potentional advices. 

My best wishes, 

Aida

20 Replies 20
Naida0
Level 2
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi Bosnia peeps and other facing the same problem and trying to help,

I encountered the same issue (started re-renting couple of days ago, after 2 years of break).
Payout was EUR 106 from airbnb side and only 96 arrived at my ISP account. From that, they deducted 5 more EUR to have the money settle in in my account (not sure about the right word in English - rasknjiziti). Once I convert it into local currency, it will be even less and now that Tax Authorities are stricter in their monitoring, it will be even less.

Has someone tried out PP in the meantime?
I would assume that it would be even costlier, unless you plan to make some purchases yourself through PP soon (as you will need the money transferred AGAIN to use it - from your PP account into bank account)?

Western Union seems the best solution but has anyone renting in Bosnia tried it? Is it possible that they deduct only 10 USD from the rental price? Is anything charged on top of that (by the local bank at which you withdraw the money you receive through WU)?

Please advise if you have more information.
Thanks!

N.

Hi Everyone, any updates on this. Paypal is still not an option for Bosnia and HErzegovina. Do you preffer Western or transfer to your Debit Card? What is cheaper? Thank you in advance.  

Dusan22
Level 1
Dobrota, Montenegro

These days I have same problem! After Airbnb transfered money I loss 30€ per transaction! That is madness! that is 1/3 of my night cost. Does anyone have solution? How to we figure out where the money going?  Support is useless... I running them 3 days and they know nothing! I have to check in more than 10 new reservation... That is potential 300€ to loss! 

So please if anyone know what is the reason or how we can fix the problem with international wire - please help

Anada0
Level 2
Mlini, Croatia

Hi everyone,

to follow up on the conversation, I started using paypal as payout option. That was the only option without extra fees for payout. But I must add that I make many online payments with paypal, so it is ok for me to have the money in my paypal account. If you transfer your funds from paypal to a debit or credit account, then PP earns on the exchange rate - for a transfer of approx. 1000 eur, I paid approx 60 eur; instead of the regular exchange rate of 7.3-7.5 kn vs 1 Eur they applied their rate of 7.04. After all, it seems more fair and transparent than the banking fees we have all mentioned and experienced.

I hope this helped.

Have a good season, everyone!

Best,

Anada

Thanks Anada for information. I waiting answer form Airbnb about minimum payout balance... Probably is the best option who have time to wait money. I pay imternational wire fee almost same for 90€ and for 450€. I’ll come back with more information when they (Airbnb) provide me answer.

I have the same problem. Sometimes I am paid the right amount, then other times airbnb transfer from Luxembourg (for tax reasons I guess) and then they make my bank pay for receiving it. Not only do I get a smaller payout than promised, but airbnb also notify the full amount to my tax authorities, in effect making me pay tax of a higher amount than I have received. I actually pay tax on behalf of airbnb!! And the service is so poor, airbnb just direct the topic elsewhere when I try and address the issue.