Transferring a listing to another account

Answered!
Nona1
Level 1
Cahuita, Costa Rica

Transferring a listing to another account

I want to transfer a listing from my account to another airbnb host.  Is there a way to do this without reuploading all the photos and descriptions.  Thank you.

1 Best Answer

I think the only way you can get around it is to link both of them by going to the menu next to the caledar under management at the very bottom and click on additional hosts.  Send an invitation to each of the accounts and you will be able to access both from each profile.  I think this is the only way you will also not lose reviews.  If you do want to start over, you can snooze the existing account after you have created the new one.  Once you have honoured all your bookings you can delist it. 

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Accounts are personal and linked to your ID and e-mail, FB  account etc.  

Yes I manage both accounts but Ijust don't want to reload all the listing information.

I see.  As far as I know there is not a way to copy a listing.

I think the only way you can get around it is to link both of them by going to the menu next to the caledar under management at the very bottom and click on additional hosts.  Send an invitation to each of the accounts and you will be able to access both from each profile.  I think this is the only way you will also not lose reviews.  If you do want to start over, you can snooze the existing account after you have created the new one.  Once you have honoured all your bookings you can delist it. 

Nona1
Level 1
Cahuita, Costa Rica

Thank you for your responses.

Hi Lisa

I'm also trying to see if I can transfer a listing to a new host when I sell the house to them.  Does your method still work now that Airbnb have updted the site please?

Thanks 

Roy

Hi Roy

I'm in exactly the same situation currently - were you able to find a solution to transfer the bookings without disrupting the customers?

Many thanks in advance.

Tracey

This is my exact situation. I'm selling our rental house and need to transfer everything to the new owner. Did you figure out if there was a way to do this?

@Nikki391  Listings are non-transferrable. You can't sell an Airbnb business, you are only selling the house- your Airbnb listing is attached to your profile, and reviews and ratings remain with you, not the property.

The new owner has to start over from scratch, with a new listing. Any bookings you have must be notified and cancelled and rebooked under the new listing if they indeed wish to still stay.

Thank you for the info, but that is a super inefficient way to do this. I'm fine with the reviews and ratings not transferring, but to have to cancel all of the reservations and rebook is a nightmare. They go thru all of 2022. It's booked solid. I wish they would figure out a way to do that.

@Nikki391  Well, I guess you should have researched this before taking all those bookings when you put the place on the market. 

I agree that it would be nice if Airbnb had a process that would facilitate transferring bookings, as long as it was amenable to the guest, but you have to realize that guests booked with you based to a large extent on your ratings and reviews- neither you nor they have any way of knowing if the new owner will be a good host, or maintain the property well, unless they already have a visible history of hosting.

So you can't just pass guests on as if they were furnishings that came with the house, and if a host did that to me, I would be upset.

Some people are just nasty here. We too just sold our mountain house with over a year of bookings. I sold the home who wants to keep it as a rental. No change in service at all. 

I am in a similar situation, so I just wanted to clarify. I started as a co host and added my property with a friend and we worked together with it. Now she made me the primary host and I do communication and receive the money. However under my profile stats it says I have 0 reviews and 0 responses, I am assuming, because I was not the initial admin. If I wanted to make myself the admin and keep my reviews for the property, could I create a new listing and link the two somehow? 

Hi Shannon,

Yes that correct you would have to create the listing under your account then setup your friend as aco-hosts, that way the reviews will be stored under your profile.

Check the link below for more details

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1550/how-do-ratings-and-reviews-work-for-co-hosts

I think Airbnb should have at least a way to extract listing and import them, that would make business more dynamic for host, instead of having to recreate them.

Rgrds,

Paulo