Transferring reviews

Sharon1386
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Transferring reviews

I have been with evolve management for over a year. They are switching their rules and all of their changes are "making a better rental experience" by making a worse host experience. We have decided to cancel with evolve.

That said, evolve has stated that the reviews we have accumulated on VRBO can be transferred over to us but they cannot transfer the reviews to airbnb? Has anyone figured out a work around for this? We have all 5 star ratings and it has taken us over a year to get them all. Not sure how they can transfer to vrbo but not to airbnb.  Our previous renters have been awesome and I am sure they would even go back in and re-review if asked. Just trying to figure out a way that I don't have to start from scratch. Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sharon1386  There is no work-around. Listings, reviews and ratings aren't transferable. You have to start over.

BTW,  if you use the search function here, you'll find pages of complaints about Evolve, from both hosts and guests. 

Following.  Just transferred to Airbnb from evolve and I'd love my Airbnb reviews to be transferred, if possible.

Matt5250
Level 1
Caldwell, NJ

That’s an Airbnb policy, not Evolve. After a hiatus from AirBnB they wouldn’t even let my old, direct reviews transfer back. Im

also now starting from scratch after 30+ 5 star reviews. But have ALL of them from VRBO. Also, reviews that were submitted through Evolve are now all lost - can’t be transferred, even to Evolve. I’m sorry I ever got involved with Evolve. 

Kate2501
Level 1
Wilmington, NC

I was with Evolve and always wondered why they didn't allow hosts to see reviews from other hosts on the guests that stayed with them and also the guests that stayed at our place as well and why was it such a big deal to get them to post it.  I asked the guests if Evolve sent them a link to give me a review after checkout. They said they never received one from Evolve yet Evolve insisted they did.  I myself finally sent them the link and I finally got reviews but if wasn't for me doing this it would have never gotten done. I felt I had to do their work for them so what was I paying them for? Horrible service. I am back with Airbnb now but its been very slow and almost the whole month of August we both saw no bookings. I have one for this weekend so hopefully it will improve as time goes on.