Transitioning from property manager's live listing to my own live listing

Answered!
Margaret228
Level 2
California, US

Transitioning from property manager's live listing to my own live listing

Hello, fellow hosts who have a property manager and a listing of their own!  I need your help!

I’ve had a property manager for about a year now and think it’s time to part company.  They owed me over twenty thousand dollars for several months and finally paid it.

My AirBnB listing for my property is for me only.  I set the listing up with my bank account as the depository (payout) account.   I had a friend book thru my AirBnB listing for last Christmas.  Somehow this management company arranged with AirBnB to add the company’s bank account to my listing and make their depository account the default depository account!  The nearly two thousand dollar commission went to the management company.  AirBnB was very helpful in tracing the commission.  But now what do I do?

The management company still has some pending bookings from their listing on AirBnB for my property.  Do They get the commission even after we part company?  I would think so, since they made those bookings.  I would assume that AirBnB would transfer all pending reservations to my listing, but I’m not sure.

Can anyone help me with this?

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Margaret228 What a nightmare, you really need to read the terms and conditions you signed upto with Honolulu property management company, that should tell you of any obligations you have should you decide to pull out of the agreement. When you have that information you can make a decision to stay or go, then you can ask them to take their listing down.

At the moment they are still accepting bookings through next year for your property, you need to be very carefull you don't get double bookings with 2 listings for the same place.

Airbnb will sometimes transfere bookings if both hosts and the guests agree to the move.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Margaret228 What a nightmare, you really need to read the terms and conditions you signed upto with Honolulu property management company, that should tell you of any obligations you have should you decide to pull out of the agreement. When you have that information you can make a decision to stay or go, then you can ask them to take their listing down.

At the moment they are still accepting bookings through next year for your property, you need to be very carefull you don't get double bookings with 2 listings for the same place.

Airbnb will sometimes transfere bookings if both hosts and the guests agree to the move.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Margaret228 Have you legally fired the property manager and asked him to delist? If so, call AirBnB they can cancel his reservations and the guests can rebook with you if they want. Make sure to give them the same price previously paid through a special offer. If he will not delist you will need to get a lawyer to send him a Cease and Desist letter ASAP via overnight mail. You can also reject any of his bookings that show up on your door as his listing would now be illegal and have them call AirBnB to cancel his booking and transfer the reservation to you if you are avaiable. The cancellations will kill his rating, he will stop booking your place pretty quick. Get a new smart lock you control now, so he has no way to give them entry.  

Margaret228
Level 2
California, US

Thank you for your help!  I went through a difficult period re-booking the last of the manager's bookings.  It's all over now and things are much simpler!