Travel Credit not given

Joseph122
Level 1
Diamond Bar, CA

Travel Credit not given

I clicked my friend's referral link to sign up with AirBnB but neither of us got any credit for the referral? What's going on here?

28 Replies 28
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Simply signing up doesnt earn you or your friend the credit.  You have to complete a qualifying reservation ($75 or more before taxes) before your friend will receive credit.  Your credit will show up automatically on the checkout page of a qualifying reservation.

Read more here:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/84/how-do-i-earn-travel-credit-from-referring-a-friend-to-airbnb

Hi, I booked a reservation (+$400) and the credit didn't show up and neither my friend nor I have credit still.

@Joseph122  You have to actually COMPLETE the reservation - meaning after your reservation is over, your friend will receive the credit.

@Cynthia-and-Chris1

Hi Cynthia & Chris!

I'm the friend that referred Joseph to Airbnb.  I understand that once Joseph's trip is complete, I'll receive a travel credit of $20 but we're just confused as to why he didn't receive/get to apply his travel credit when he booked his first trip today (the total being over $400, which makes it a qualifying trip, correct?). Does the trip need to be approved by the host before the credit is applied or is it supposed to be applied once he submits his initial request to the host?

Thank you!

Cat

@Cat27 @Joseph122  I'm not sure, the Airbnb Help Center article I linked above says, "The credit will show up automatically on the checkout page of any qualifying reservation."

@Cynthia-and-Chris1

Yeah, that's what we're confused about. Based on the article, it seems like it should've been applied to his first booking but once his request is approved, it looks like he's going to have to pay the full $400+ without the -$40 in credit. Do you know who we can contact about this? The purpose of booking through Airbnb was to try it out with the credit but even if he cancels the booking now, he'll still get charged the nonrefundable service fee and it just doesn't seem fair. I tried DM'ing Airbnb Help on Twitter but haven't received a response yet either 😞 

I'm just a host trying to help other hosts/travelers.  Twitter usually get the quickest responses - you should hear back in the next few hours.

@Cynthia-and-Chris1

Looks like the only time credits don't get applied is when an unqualifying purchase is made but the only criteria for a qualifying purchase is that it's total (outside of the fees) is over $75 and our purchase was most definitely over that. I tried contacting their Twitter with no response either. I'll keep trying though. Thanks anyways!

I also have this problem. @Cat27 is it solved yet?

I also having the same issue

To earn credit, send a referral link to your friends. When a friend uses that link to join Airbnb, they’ll get credit that will automatically apply towards their first reservation with Airbnb. The credit will show up automatically on the checkout page of any reservation with the minimum total value (excluding guest fees or taxes) indicated in the referral invitation.

Me too. any update on this Airbnb? Please give an explanation

"When a friend uses that link to join Airbnb, they’ll get credit that will automatically apply towards their first reservation with Airbnb."

It clearly states that they will get credit that will automatically apply. However when i try to make my first reservation with Airbnb, there is no deduction. 

Mary-K-0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

We had the same issue but it was resolved by the person who was referred calling ABnB customer service. 855-424-7262. They take a while to get to your call but once you get someone live I've usually gotten my issues taken care of.