Travel coupon refund

Cathryn1
Level 4
Wollongong, Australia

Travel coupon refund

I used my Superhost voucher on accommodation in Slovenia.  When I had to cancel due to COVID19 I received information that I would receive a travel voucher for the cost less my $100 voucher.  The correspondence also indicated I could use the voucher up until December 2021.  

The information also stated that if I used the voucher for less of the total amount I could contact Airbnb Support to use the balance.

In the coupon section of my account all coupons from 2015 to now are there whether expired or current but there is no sign of the travel coupon from Slovenia.

When booking one nights accommodation the partial amount was allocated to my receipt with a balance of more than half the amount  left.

I contacted Airbnb Support as suggested and was told they had know record of any correspondence or voucher information relating to this travel coupon.  I was also told that I could not use the balance as it needed to be used in one transaction.

I am very suspicious of the fact that all correspondence relating to the travel voucher approval has disappeared from my Airbnb site.

#travelcoupon #missingcorrespondence #travelrefund  #travel #refund #correspondence #support 

2 Replies 2
Em38
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I am sorry for your experience. And sadly, I am not at all surprised. Airbnb is trying to reabsorb money from travel coupons. I just started a thread with this post:

"A number of Superhosts have travel coupons set to expire on July 1, 2020. Airbnb is refusing to extend the expiration date or offer a new coupon and instead  is "encouraging" Superhosts to travel. In some cases, such as mine, this would go against state orders. In nearly all cases, this forces Superhosts to make a choice  between getting to use the coupon they earned and ensuring their personal safety. Both cases are unethical. I have heard from someone in the main office that the reason Airbnb is doing this is so that they can reabsorb that money. If you cannot travel and/or do not feel safe, at least support another host, perhaps a stranger, and book a stay even if you won't actually stay. Don't let Airbnb take advantage of its Superhosts!

Louis27
Level 3
Kailua Kona, HI

I made a booking in July and used my travel coupon. I had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. I got a full refund from the host, but my travel coupon shows "used" in my account. From what I've been reading here it seems like I will lose it. I haven't tried calling them yet. Has anyone had this experience since Covid?