Trouble adding a co-host

Trouble adding a co-host

I need to add a co-host.  Airbnb's instructions from the Help Center don't work.  The instructions say to go to a listing' s "Manage Listing" and "Calendar", hover over the left side of the page to open the menu and select "Co-Hosts".  When I hover over the menu 
 "Co-hosts" doesn't appear as an option.   Thanks for any help you can give me.

Christine

17 Replies 17
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @The-Fertile-Crescent0,

Aye, yet again Airbnb doesn't take the trouble to update the help articles when they change the interface.

Click on "Host" and then select "Manage listings" from the menu. Then click on "Manage listing".

Now click on "Co-hosts".

You can then click on "Invite a friend" or "Find a co-host".

Steve.

Hi, I finally got it to work and airbnb accepted and welcomed my co-host.  But now they haven't asked for her phone number so how will potential guests contact her to make a reservation since it all happens via text messages?

Can I ask you how you managed to add a co-host?  As you, I can't see any co-host option on the menu....

Now, I need to know how my newly added co-host's phone number becomes the one that potential guests contact when I'm out of town in the wilderness.

Laura100
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

I cant do It and i have Eben trying for weeks now

when i Click  on manage listings

i get the following options:

listing details, booking settings, pricing, availability, local laws

i went repeatedly through all of them but can not find add a co host.

Any advice please? Thank you

The instructions that are provided are out dated. I think they should say, there is a period of time, perhaps a few hours or a few days, before the co-host is approved by airbnb. Once approved, the co-host payment information may be entered. Until then, there is not a way to add payment information for the co-host. 

Ron45
Level 2
Desert Hot Springs, CA

I invited a friend to list her home on Airbnb, but she is unable to add me as a co host. The page to add my email comes up she enters the email, bt when she clicks on invite it doesn't process.

I co-host another friends place. Is there a limit or something?

I'm having the same issue

Same. I have never had this issue before. The new host is getting this strange error message when attempting to invite me as a co-host: "That email address didn’t work. Try checking it or entering a different one." (And yes, my email address is being entered correctly.)

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alece0  @Nicholas307 @Ron45 There seems to be a glitch in the system, my clients are having the same issue when trying to add me. Hopefully will be fixed soon!

I just reported it to Airbnb. Hopefully the more of us that report it, the quicker they'll release a fix! 

I reported, i guessed it's because the new team function. They put a deactivate button there, on the team page, so you can delete your team now. After this everything will work again. 

@Lali8 - I told them it had to be related to the Teams function as well. I don't have a "deactivate" option yet though... 😕 

EDITED TO ADD: I logged out and logged back in, and now I have the Deactivate option. Once I deactivated teams, I was able to be added as a co-host. #Success #Finally

there was a remove team option in the team settings page.