Trying to Add a Co-Host

Linnea-Or-David0
Level 5
Ochre Beach, Canada

Trying to Add a Co-Host

I'm trying to add a friend as a co-host.  She received the invitation and has accepted it, she also now appears in my messages and we can message each other.  But when I go to my listing nothing shows up under 'co-host'... is it because her profile is new?  

Thanks for your help!

Linnea

7 Replies 7
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Linnea-Or-David0  I hope you’re well!

It sounds like you’re properly connected if you can see a message thread in your inbox with a new event, and you can communicate via message with your new co-host, very strange that you can’t see the co-host appear under your co-host tab.

Have you checked with your co-host to see if your listing has downloaded to their account?

She says nothing shows up on her end.  She sent me a screenshot of my listing, everything is blank and a notice on the bottom that says 'error, you do not have permission to access this resource'...

And if she doesn't show up under my co-host tab I can't give her permission to anything. lol

I was going to contact Airbnb help, but they pretty much have a notice up that says 'due to covid call another time'. 

That’s so strange @Linnea-Or-David0 !

Perhaps try resending the invite, and having your co-host accept it again- that might nudge the system into downloading everything fully.

Well, I've sent her the invite the times now. Every time I get the notification that she's accepted it.

This is what she sees.

Screenshot_20200812-201144.png

Linnea-Or-David0
Level 5
Ochre Beach, Canada

Okay, I got ahold of someone at Airbnb and apparently it's a known issue.

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

@Linnea-Or-David0 
That’s  frustrating for you 😞 

The co-hosting system often has glitches and breakdowns which can cause hosts and co-hosts a lot of problems- I hope this one is fixed ASAP for you.

Sadly not in time for our holidays. We've got our daughter checking on our profile at home one the days we will be off grid and I set up an automatic reply with Host Tools to say the she'll only be checking requests in the evening after work.... Hopefully we get no requests those days. Lol