Trying to get these longstanding bugs/issues fixed in the Airbnb App

Tim376
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Trying to get these longstanding bugs/issues fixed in the Airbnb App

Really wish Airbnb would fix these long-standing issues

1) On android when you receive a push notification about a chat message from the host, clicking on it 90% of the time displays the message history without the new message. You have to navigate back to the list of conversations, pull-down to refresh - then go back into the individual chat to see the new message. Will not appear otherwise even after waiting and repeatedly navigating to the chat. (Does iphone have the same issue?)

2) The full property details you've booked are not available offline - so if you have no internet you can be stranded with no way to look up the address & contact details of the property.

3) You can't search for properties that don't allow smoking. You can only filter for properties that DO allow smoking. Try finding a property in France that doesn't smell like smoke!

4) the Arrival Instructions section doesn't support translation, and is blocked for copy paste. On multiple occasions i've been stuck with no easy way (aside from typing word by word into another app) to translate the text into my language - and unable to find/checkin to the apartment.

People please feel free to share these if you know anyone who can help at airbnb..

Regards,
A permanent traveller & software engineer...

1 Reply 1
Nick-And-Mahina0
Level 1
Nanjing, China

I can confirm Tim that your first point is an issue in the iPhone version of the app as well.