Turnkey Managed Homes

Turnkey Managed Homes

HOME OWNERS MUST READ!
This review is from the perspective of a home owner who engaged Turnkey to manage a home in Big Bear Lake. Let me first start by saying I've given them the benefit of the doubt far beyond what anyone deserves. I finally had no choice but to end my business with them. I've had to manage them almost from day 1. I've had multiple home managers and I do want to say my last manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did. But the issues seem to go beyond local management and all the way up the ladder. After a really big issue I encountered with Turnkey, I had VP's call me as well as the Co-founder of Turnkey. They were trying to move past an issue created by Turnkey and I was willing to help. They truly weren't willing to make things right and offer up anything reasonable. Not only that, they knew they made a mistake and to this day have not owned up to it and offered to make things right. Also on an unrelated matter I asked them for a copy of their insurance policy, which is spelled out in the owner agreement as available upon request, to this day they have yet to provide it. This is related to the new insurance coverage they "offer" that home owners have to pay for and if you decline you have to sign a waiver which has questionable terms. Essentially forcing you to waive rights as opposed to actually signing up for additional insurance coverage that you probably shouldn't need. The contract allows them to make changes but it's very shady and it seems they are looking to increase their profits. I asked for a copy of their insurance policy (required by law) so I could review that, my policy and the new additional insurance with my agent. I have all the emails and documents to back up all of my complaints/claims.

My advice to all Owners who engaged Turnkey is to pay attention or you are likely losing out on money in many ways. I had a home manager tell me I needed to replace a tv and a garbage disposal but it turns out they weren't qualified to do their job. Luckily for me I'm in the construction industry so I walked the person through how to reset a GFI breaker and how to use an allen key to free up a perfectly operational garbage disposal. This was about a year ago and the same TV and same disposal is working perfectly.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If you had used the search function on this forum, you would have seen that there are numerous threads here with warnings about getting involved with this company, from both hosts and guests.

Here is one: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Warning-against-use-of-Turnkey-Vacation-Rentals-to-manag...

@Nicholas512