Turnkey in Myrtle Beach South Carolina

Answered!
Charles922
Level 2
New York, NY

Turnkey in Myrtle Beach South Carolina

Hi, I'm thinking about using Turnkey in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina manage the rental of my condo in Murrells Inlet SC. Does anyone here have any experience using them?

Thanks in advance!

Charles

1 Best Answer

Hi Charles. I hope you did not host with Turnkey. I made that mistake in SC.  It is a poorly run company and with no regard for hosts or guests. You will likely lose money and your property will not be taken care of. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Carol5085
Level 1
Jundiaí, Brazil

Hey Charles, we hope you are doing great. If you ever need a cleaning company to keep your place nice and shinny to your guests, get in touch with us. We are a cleaning company specialized in vacation rentals based in Myrtle Beach. Carolina Boni - 843 593 5686. Best regards.

Hi Charles. I know this post is a few months old but I hope you did not use Turnkey. I am actually a co-host in Myrtle Beach and have taken over 6 properties that Turnkey used to have. They have grown too quickly and the property owners have suffered for it. They are very unorganized and charge an outrageous cleaning fee. Rentals that normally book yera round havent had bookings in months. If you are still looking for a host I would be glad to help you. I have excellant references.

Hi Charles. I hope you did not host with Turnkey. I made that mistake in SC.  It is a poorly run company and with no regard for hosts or guests. You will likely lose money and your property will not be taken care of. 

Sorry for the late reply! So far its been petty smooth with them. But hey cost me money when they had my place listed as unavailable fir the 4 th of July! It was their error and they wouldn't offer me any compensation for it. I live in NY and their the inly available option for me that does all that they do.

Paul7058
Level 2
Bethesda, MD

Owners interested in retaining TurnKey as a property manager should consider our case.

Below are the itemized charges from my AirBnb bill. Our vacation plans were upended by a local covid ordinance banning multi-family gatherings adopted after our reservation matured. It seemed only fair, then, to request a refund of those occupancy related charges that TurnKey did not incur on our behalf. Those charges (items 2 and 4, below) add up to $1,243 -- or 14.1% of our total bill.

After a Better Business Bureau complaint (there are more than 480 on file with the BBB Austin, TX,  relating to Airbnb properties. ) After some bad reviews, TurnKey grudgingly refunded $320 -- totaling 3.6% of our bill. TurnKey pocketed most of the unspent charges, like a bonus. None of this unearned profit went to the owner.

This is the kind of bad-faith, predatory behavior one might expect from an owner who never expects to see their customers again. And we will certainly oblige. We have used Airbnb all over the world. If we ever use them again -- which is unlikely, given the many alternatives -- the first thing we will do is make sure that TurnKey is not involved.

$938.86 x 7 nights $6,572.00
Cleaning fee $389.00
Service fee $982.73
Occupancy taxes and fees $854.46