Two Questions: What is a "Villa" and Why Does AirBnB Post "Free Cancellation for 48 Hours"?

Two Questions: What is a "Villa" and Why Does AirBnB Post "Free Cancellation for 48 Hours"?

1.  I went to check out a place I booked and the "entire villa" was a single room with a bathroom.  

2.  Tried to get a refund, but AirBnB is backing up the hosts refusal to refund despite it saying prominently on the listing "free cancellation for 48 hours"?

Totally absurd on two counts.

1 Reply 1
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mark3057  Do you mean that when you booked it it was advertised as an entire villa, but when you checked in, it was just a single room and bathroom? Free 48 hour cancellation is just that. Was your check in within that 48 hours?  Can you share the link to this listing? I wonder if it was advertised as a private room and bathroom, but with shared space access within an entire 'villa'. That would be a bit misleading. It can be confusing because Airbnb offers many varying options for spaces. It requires reading a listing thoroughly and asking questions for clarification to make sure it's a good fit. Regardless, if your check in was within the 48 hours, you should have been able to get a refund.