UK AirBnb payment change CITYBANK EIRE

Danny65
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

UK AirBnb payment change CITYBANK EIRE

Any UK Host experiencing problems with delayed payment and PROCESSING status?

Up until last week I got my host payments credited to my Nat West account the same day as the payment was issued. The payments were from AIRBNB UK.

The last payment took several days to arrive. It now comes from CITIBANK EIRE.

AIRBNB claim that my bank is slow. I refute that but they have a set script.

Anyone else experience  that? Also worrying is that the status says “PROCESSING” even after the payment has been credited to my account!

8 Replies 8
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Danny65 

Danny,

Yes. Same situation. Only difference is that payment would enter my Nat West account 24 hours after payment was issued.

My previous payment on 10th September was regular from Airbnb UK.

My current payment was also released in usual way on 19th September.

I expected it be in my acc yesterday. I returned from my branch an hour ago and it's still not in my account.  However, the accompanying statement: 'This payout should arrive in your account by Sep 26, 2019'

Now that I've seen your post, I've checked Transaction History and it's showing as 'PROCESSING'..

Since this is the first of it's kind, I was also not aware of the CITIBANK EIRE.

I would only add that when I started hosting in 2013 for the first few years, payment would take 3 working days to reach my bank account. Then it changed to 1 working day.

So perhaps the change to CITIBANK EIRE will mean a reversion to 3 working days. If that's the case, then I expect the payment will show this coming Tuesday 24th September.

Danny65
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Alon,

I waited 5 days before it hit my account 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Danny65 

5 days or 5 working days?

----------

ps. If you want to make sure person you are addressing receives notification, please do as I've done use the @ sign and drop down menu shows names of contributors to the post. Notification then arrives in one's email and on the CC website, upper right, bell icon.

David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

Hi Danny - This has started happening to me this week. Are your payments now received consistently five business days after AirBNB makes payment? Curiously, even as late Sept 30, I was receiving payments the same day. 

ZoeAndGreg0
Level 1
Rackheath, United Kingdom

Yes. Noticed this too. It’s now a bank giro credit too instead of a third party payment. Obviously just holding onto our money for no reason whatsoever. Poor show from Airbnb 

Deborah798
Level 1
City of London, United Kingdom

Yes, me too. Used to be nice and quick.

Bruce436
Level 2
Antibes, France

I have just spoken to Airbnb. They claim there is no change in their payment system or bank and that they release money to hosts bank within 24 hours of  check in. Any delay is down to the hosts bank.

Of course all that is complete rubbish.....

It really is impossible to get any sense or reason from them!

Laurence823
Level 1
England, GB

I am also finding this problem. Before the change to Citibank Eire I was paid on the day following its due date. Now it can take a week. This is NOT due to my bank but to a delay from either Airbnb or Citibank.

As Airbnb receive most of their payments on booking and wait until the day following arrival before paying hosts, the least they can do is ensure prompt payment when payment is due to us.

Not happy