UK Map inaccuracies

Helen-and-Ian0
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

UK Map inaccuracies

Hi

I'm new on here so apologies if I am covering old ground...  I've tried contacting AirBnB directly but to no avail.

I have a cottage which is in North Norfolk (UK).  It is located 3 miles outside of a busy seaside town.  The map on Airbnb doesn't hold the name of our village in its search at all (as confirmed by AirBnB some weeks ago), so you have to search for the larger seaside town.  Although if you "know" the area well and ignore that the village isn't listed it will go to the right area - when I first raise this, it would take you to the south coast, so 2-3 hundred miles away....

In all the time we have listed with AirBnB we've not had a single enquiry.  However, with another similar site we've had quite a few enquiries with a high conversation rate (same photos, pricing & info provide to potential guests).  This got me thinking that maybe something wasn't right with our listing on here...

I did a search on the town which is nearby and our village even shows up on the initial map view.  However, of the 4 cottages in our village only 1 is displayed on the map (& in the photos).  You have to move the map, and zoom in on that village in order for our cottage to show up (and the other 2 missing cottages).  When I raised this glitch with AirBnB they said "have you tried searching on the street name that your cottage is located on?" to which I pointed out that Mr General Public wouldn't be doing that, so that was of little use.... 

Today I tried the same searching specically on our village.  Again on the 4 cottages listed, only 2 show on the map (and photos).  I am at a loss as to how this can be correct....

While I apprecaite that I'm not paying anything for my listing as I am getting no business through the website, I would prefer to be able to make the most of my listing on here...

Any suggestions on how to get AirBnB to take this glitch seriously?

Thanks

Helen

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen-and-Ian0 It pops up in 4th position without zooming in.

Listed for so long with no reviews will put guests off. I would suggest delete the listing and make a new one, the new listing would then get the new listing boost and "New" badge.

Helen-and-Ian0
Level 2

Interesting Jeff, when I log out and search, only one of the 4 cottages pops up.

What location did you search on please?

Helen-and-Ian0
Level 2

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 18.52.41.jpgScreen Shot 2018-03-10 at 12.34.38.png