URGENT HELP NEEDED! On Kicking Out Guest

URGENT HELP NEEDED! On Kicking Out Guest

Dear All, 

i am having issues with my current guest (guest refuse to pay for extra service booked) and i am seriously thinking of cancelling their reservation and kicking them out of the house. to spare me from any further distress and so that i can move on from this unhappy episode sooner.

anyone done that before? after cancelling their reservation, how long would they have to leave the house? any other repercussion for host, other than needing to refund guest for the remainder unstayed nights, bad review and superhost status?

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@J157 

If you cancel you wiil be penalized like mentioned here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

I assume the extra service was not booked via Airbnb, so Aitbnb can not be involved to help you with this issue.

Best regards,

Emiel

Hi Emiel, 

Thanks for replying. 

Do you know the process for evicting guest? Do i have to call up airbnb or i can just click on cancel guest reservation throught the app? and after cancelling their reservation, how long would they have to leave the house? 

the extra service is airport pick up. through the messaging app, guest agreed, confirmed and even accepted the payment request i sent through resolution center. but thereafter asked support to overide and cancel it without informing me. thereafter guest simply ignore all my messages until they show up at the house at 3am, calling me through the house's voicecall intercom annoucing their arrival. all this despite me informing her about her pick up details and etc. the driver waited almost 2 hours at the airport and in the end, stilll have to drive all the way to the house to hand her the keys for check in. it was obvious she read all my messages if not she would not be able to call me via the house's intercom. and now, she is refusing payment, saying i am making the trip uncomfortable, and saying, " i dont have any duty checking your text", exact quote from guest. 

now i am fearing that guest would damage my house as revenge. while i stay netural and maintain my professionalism, guest did not sound nice at all in her writing..