UX designers and product managers don't know what is important

Northon0
Level 3
Portland, OR

UX designers and product managers don't know what is important

The new "Performance" features for the Android app is basically worthless. Airbnb removed useful features (like how much money I am going to make this month, or see the graph of income for the past n months, how much have I been paid so far for this month and for the year), and added nearly useless  features like "Booking value" and hiding reviews so that in order to read it you need to go through multiple clicks.

Airbnb UX designers and product managers: Please become a host and use the application before deleting important features for hosts.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Northon0 It seems to be an Airbnb philosophy that if something is working well they upgrade it to a lower standard. I do wonder  if the management have any control over their IT department or do they just let them run amok changing things for the fun of it.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Northon0  I have the exact same complaints.  Burying the earnings way down at the bottom is a weird signal from Airbnb to hosts that we shouldn't be concerned about them.  Putting all the performance metrics at the top, defaulted to the last 30 days, is a passive-aggressive way of trying to force hosts to panic into lowering rates or offering more flexible cancellation policies.  Plus, I don't care about the last 30 days.  I want to look ahead at least 90 days into the future, because of how far out my seasonal bookings come.  These metrics are largely useless to me.