Unable to a Review. Text help required.

Answered!
Caroline2071
Level 2
Olinda, Australia

Unable to a Review. Text help required.

Hi Guys and Gals

I am trying to reply to a guest's review, and it seems to not allow me. The guest stayed on the 6th of August and left the review on the 13th of August. I have been trying since then to reply.

I have followed the help guide, and contacted Support, who directed me to the same help page.

My 5-star cleanliness rating has now dropped.  Unfortunately, I had to have surgery and I hired a Cleaner to look after my house while I recovered. Not only did the cleaner not clean the house, but she also put the doona cover on the bed inside out. So 6 weeks of cleaning wages have left me with an unclean house and a not-great review.

I did contact the guest privately before she posted the review and explained the situation, she still posted and complained about the house not being clean.

I find Airbnb time-consuming and the site difficult to navigate..

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Caroline2071 Are you not finding the correct page where you have the option to reply to a review? Maybe try here?:  https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews/

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Caroline2071 

You can add a comment to a review under certain conditions.

Probably the same Help page you are already directed to, but this is it:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/32/responding-to-reviews

Same page. thank you Emiel1   So frustrating..

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Caroline2071 Are you not finding the correct page where you have the option to reply to a review? Maybe try here?:  https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews/

Thank you so much Emilia,

the link does take me to a page that allowed me to reply to the review. So relieved..

I still can't work out where to go and how to find this link. However, the immediate problem is solved and I will endeavour to work this issue out. 

I can see that I have managed to reply in the past, so I must be just missing something vital.

thank you again

Caroline @ Solitude Olinda, Au

@Caroline2071 I actually have this link saved to my bookmarks on my internet browser because, I too, remember that it was very difficult to find. The page even looks like the old Airbnb interface so I don't know how long it will be around. But in the meantime, I get more use of this link than I do from the "review" page on the Airbnb dashboard. 

Have saved the Page link. Thank you so much, saved hours of time trying to work this out, not to mention trying to communicate with Airbnb Help..

Hope this blog helps other hosts, we are all time poor.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Caroline2071 

oh this comment from that review "not secluded like the pictures make it seem"
ugh, as you responded you are 200m from the village.
We get (city) people who want to stay in the country but then are disappointed that we aren't 5mins walk from the local tourist village. 🤷🏻‍♀️ can't do anything about these people who want rural seclusion but also being ON the high street. ha. I most laugh it off, it's the only way to stay sane.  

Caroline2071
Level 2
Olinda, Australia

UPDATE 17.08.2020

on the 14.08.2022  I made contact with Airbnb support for help with this issue.

Today's latest message from Help.....

Hi Caroline. How are you? I would just like to let you know that I am back reviewing your concern with my team and I´ll keep you updated within 24 hours once I have the resolution to help you in getting ths resolved.

I appreciate your patience while I am working on this. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Our community is more responsive, thank you all for being here.