Unable to set up Payment Preference

Edwin14
Level 1
Ypsilanti Charter Township, MI

Unable to set up Payment Preference

Disturbing....I can't even get my PAYOUT PREFERENCE page to accept my info. When I complete either bank and or PAypal INFO the screen just freezes. I even deliberately let my address out to see if the page worked. It did and said"add address" . However, could not get info to 'take'..several promises from customer services about tech support etc...Guest have come and gone, but ABNB service is lousy and I have 2 more renters this month....

11 Replies 11
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Edwin14 not sure why you made this post in the middle of someone else's thread.

If you have called customer services and they haven't resolved things, then post on social media - that normally gets things moving 🙂

Edwin14
Level 1

...because I m pissed but I will take your counsel thanks UK!!:)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Edwin14,

Great to meet you, welcome to the Community Center. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties inputting you information, technology can be fantastic, but sometimes it likes to be a pain!

As @Helen3 mentioned, as your post was slightly off-topic in the original thread you posted in, I have moved it and made it into a new topic here in the Community Help board. As it is a new topic, I have had to give it a new title so do let me know if you would prefer it to be slightly different. 🙂

Have you been experiencing this issue for long? If you have reported to the Support Team, hopefully they can get this resolved shortly. I presume you have tried updating this information in a different browser?

Do keep us updated if you can. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Edwin14
Level 1

Thanks

have done the following

1. changed browser...FAIL

2. Attempted BOTH checking and PAYPAL preferences...FAIL

3. 4 calls and 5 emails mentioning my dielemmna...FAIL

4. ALL calls said "will send to our tech team" on last call, when asked how soon tech response will be, he said it is a priority matter and said "This is week two and NO RESPONSE this should be priority. I hung up...FAIL

5. One rep actually suggested that I 'screen shot' what the problem was. I did, reluctantly since this was my 3rd attempt, sent to 'Cleopatra'[real name] and no response.

6. Even checked to made sure page worked by deliberately NOT inputing information and it prompted it me to add info I dileberatel did not fill out, so know it works

About to call tonight but will wait till to tomorrow. So F%^#$N angry because guest gave great reviews, have two more reservations coming. Confidence low in ABB to continue hosting.

Thanks L

S

Anne-And-Jim0
Level 1
Hillsborough, United Kingdom

Having the same problem as Edwin. Tried the same things. All failed but I keep getting emails from airbnb saying they see my my payout information has changed. How do they know that if it didn't get through to them? Am about to ring for the fourth time today.

Did you ever get the problem fixed or did you give up on Aibnb

same thing happening to me today. I have tried 2 different computers and my phone. Have tried 3 different browsers. I took screen shot.  No reply on that one.  Very frustrating.  Have been working on this literally all day.

Support team just ignored my payment problems which had gone for two months !! DO i need to spend more on international phone calls or spend time sending emails? such a work? who is going to pay all of these mental stress and time losing? This is too frustrating! I sent them emails and I have called them as well, I just don't know what to do more to be able to sort my problems!  I just dont get any attention at all ! 

I need some help. I am gooing to be hosting for the first time today and I am unable to set up my payout payment. I emailed for hekp and still no response. The issue I am having is as follows:

I am instructed to enter my address t see payment payout options

I add in my address and get an error msg that my request cannot be processed

Does anyone know how to fix this? There is no point in hosting if I cant get paid.

Anne-And-Jim0
Level 1
Hillsborough, United Kingdom

I had the same problem. After umpteen failed attempts I opened an Paypal business account and have had no problems using it.

Joanne139
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Exactly same thing. Tried adding new payment preference with bank transfer because default preference is changed. Tried at least 5 times now, given error message with no error details. And in the same time keep sending me email that I have changed my preference. If none of the above commentors had their problem solved, I have no idea why should I contact Airbnb help at all.

Can Airbnb clarify this issue with the latest update from tech team??????? 

I just tried out the 6th time, and this time instead of filling up all the boxes, I left out the 'Beneficiary Details' and it works! Now waiting for the status to be 'ready'.