Unable to update calendar - screen goes blank and never loads (at 15 June 2018)

Yvette11
Level 2
Benest, France

Unable to update calendar - screen goes blank and never loads (at 15 June 2018)

Hello

I have tried several times today to show part of my calendar as booked. I click the date and briefly I can see the option at the side to select booked or available, then the page goes blank and nothing else ever loads.

I need to update my calendar to prevent Airbnb bookings being made when not available.
I think it looks like a system problem (or maybe it's just me).

Is anyone else having difficulty and can anyone help?
Many thanks

Yvette

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I am not currently having a problem, Yvette, but when that sort of thing happens I try another browser or device. Is that an option for you? 

Thank you Lawrene a good tip and always worth a try - I will try installing and using a different browser.

Yvette11
Level 2
Benest, France

Good news is it is working again, I was able to update my calendar manually - seems it was just that the system was struggling for a bit - I never got around to trying a new browser,  but always worth trying another time!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Over the years I have run into times in which the system does not seem to work on my lap top. I do not manage my calendar or listing on a device.   When I have sought help from Air BNB, the first suggestion I am given is to clear my history.  Almost always, that step will allow the system to work properly.  Just another step we can take on our own.  Hope this helps!