Unauthorised camping

Answered!
Chris14877
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Unauthorised camping

D189FCDB-F8EC-4131-8ABA-F18993B3D82A.jpeg

Hello. I found out today that a family who rented my property had extra guests camping on site. I had no knowledge of this. I know they were (probably) sleeping outside, but they probably used the facilities inside the house. They also pitched the tent on land I share with a neighbour (they took and sent me the photo) and blocked their access to part of their land.

What do people think I should I do? Are Air bnb and I entitled to extra money? Can I add to their “review” now I have thus info?

(I don’t know why the photo posted upside down)

1 Best Answer
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Chris14877  You can send the guest a resolution request for extra guest charges, but they are free to simply refuse to pay. Be sure to write about it in their review. Though you seem to suggest you discovered this after you wrote their review. You have 48 hours to edit a review, as long as the other party has not written theirs already.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Chris14877  You can send the guest a resolution request for extra guest charges, but they are free to simply refuse to pay. Be sure to write about it in their review. Though you seem to suggest you discovered this after you wrote their review. You have 48 hours to edit a review, as long as the other party has not written theirs already.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Chris14877 

That’s entirely unacceptable and I think you are entitled to compensation although it will probably be difficult to get it.

It might be helpful if your offended neighbor would send an indignant complaint to Airbnb.

They could have called the police to remove the squatters. I would have. If you let them stay they might never leave.

PLEASE give these people the review they deserve if possible.

I reviewed them a month ago. Sadly I only just found out about this. Thanks for your comments, a lesson learnt for me. Going to make it very clear no camping is allowed.