Unauthorized rate change!

Felicia48
Level 7
California, United States

Unauthorized rate change!

Hello fellow Hosts!

I just caught a huge mistake on Airbnb's part.  Please look at your reservations carefully especially if the guests are taking advantage of the payment plan.

I have a guest that booked last year in July.  6 guests for Coachella weekend which is a huge weekend for Airbnb hosts in the area.

They took advantage of course of the payment plan system and didn't actually finish paying until this week, over 8 months later to pay it off!

Well guess what, the system charged her my base price for the weekend (instead of the price I set), which is a huge difference from her original booking.

I immediately caught it and called ABB, they are going to contact the guest to ask them to pay the difference, let's see if she agrees to it.

Please check your reservations, keep track of your pricing, as I constantly change my pricing due to demand, etc. 

8 Replies 8
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Felicia48 Thank you for sharing this very important information! I believe that even if the guest refuse to pay the extra cost Airbnb has the obligation to pay you the remaining.This is a real shame to see that you did not receive any payout for over 8 months.In my opinion Airbnb should have pay you no matter what.Please give me some updates on this situation.

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0  The guest suggested that ABB split the difference with them since it was ABB fault and not theirs.  There is a huge host on Youtube explaining the same exact thing happened to him. Please look at his video for more detail on how this can happen.  They ended up owing him thousands of dollars  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFhEbpfXS6s

From what I see, it's a glitch when there is a change request.  This guest made a change request and that's what "reset" their price, since they hadn't paid yet.

Hope this helps.

@Felicia48 Thank you for sharing the video! I know this host and i have followed many of his advices in the past.If the problem is indeed a glitch have you consider changing your payout method?

I would advice your to use paypal or payoneer.The latter is the best option!

Julie1506
Level 1
Yamba, Australia

I have rate set at 80 a night but then Airbnb only paid me 92 for 2 nights, I don’t know how or what change I need to make 

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is really disturbing. I'm going to check payouts. Did you notice it with just that one or all in a certain month?

Felicia48
Level 7

@Zappa0   It was only this one because this was the only guest that used the payment plan.   The payment plan has a glitch in it.  Airbnb agreed and contacted the guest, In the end ABB and the guest agreed to split the difference.  They will be checking in soon, I hope they realize that they’re still getting a great deal. 

Peter75
Level 2
Eastbourne, United Kingdom

Hope you don't end up getting a poor review the guest  maybe miffed at paying more even though  it is not your fault.

Felicia48
Level 7

@Peter75   As a matter of fact, it’s been several weeks now and the guests had a fabulous time, please take a look at my profile for the great review by Michelle.  

If you want more info on the price change glitch go to this video on YouTube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFhEbpfXS6s