Unblock calendar

Mike11
Level 4
Cape Town, ZA

Unblock calendar

I have manually blocked dates for a friend's visit.

He cancelled part of those dates (up to Xmas) , but when I unblocked them, Airbnb shows them unblocked, but NOT available.

I need to get these working again so I can accept bookings.

Help!

16 Replies 16
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mike11

How did you alter the reservation ? To unblock dates and change the reservation, you would need the change or cancel tool and alter the reservation with the correct number of days/correct dates.

Hi Anne,

I called up the site ( https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18576319?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&location=Bloubergstrand%20Holida... ) and clicked Edit listing (in LARGE green near the heading, and once chanc[ged to its new format, (protected site so do this on yours) ), then clicked 'View calendar' and Voila! I could see my prices and booking days etc.

After selecting a day, the menu appeared wherein I could click 'Available' OR 'Blocked'.

On tnhat note tho, this was a simple manual booking by me for a friend. Abnb was not involved.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

If I correctly understood @Mike11, it was not a reservation, but a simple manual blocking. 

@Mike11 - try cleaning the cookies, log out on other devices and then check what's going on and let us know.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helena174
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Errr! How do I clean the cookies?

Mike

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helena174,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm not sure which web browser you are using, but I was able to find a couple of links that will explain how you can clear the cookies and cache. 

Chrome web browser

Safari web browser

Mozilla FireFox

Internet Explorer

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Quincy, Darn that purging of info (Chrome) takes some re-instatement to get everyuthing working again.

I am back up now and trying your solutions.

Watch this space! 🙂

Mike & Helena

Tried that now, but dates still greyed-out.

Do you have an address or number (pref local or international) to phone or mail.

This is crazy!

I can book for January but NOT this month?

Maybe you can try/look at 3 Omega,  in Bloubergstrand, Cape Town.

Mike

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mick27,

I hope it works!

Let me know :-). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mick27

Check your minimum day settings - mid December dates are free, but unbookable.  And it says minimum stay varies.  

Hi AQnne , and thank you for yor involvement.

I have set the minimum stay as 3 days over weekends and 2 nights otherwise.

This stops the party crowd getting together to rent upmarket accommodation over weekends. The other times are a minimum of 2 nights.

This has always been like this, and so also for our other apartments too. Nothing has changed here.

Mike

Helena174
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

After two days of ab&b runaround on their 'community centre', (time which I did not have) I found the solution - AND IT WAS MY OWN FAULT (blush).

I had specified that over the Xmas season I wanted a minimum booking time. When trying to unblock the cancelled dates, there was not enough time left over for anyone to re-book.

CHECK -ALL- YOUR MINIMUM BOOKING TIMES. 

Mike (Blushing slightly).

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Helena174

Then there must be a calendar bug or something - it is impossible to book those December days, but they come out as free in your calendar.  Do check again your settings before you contact airbnb.

HI

Is it Anne or Marit?

Once more thanks.

I have checked all settings I know of, thus this cry for help.

Do you possibly have any contact details for Airbnb? as I just go around in circles when trying to contact them.

Mike

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Use airbnbhelp on twitter. Or find the help section under the discuss tab above, there you will find the communtiy help guides.