Unblock the Cancellation date

Unblock the Cancellation date

Hello to all!

I had a pre approved reservation (i thought i was holding the dates for a customer) and another customer applied for 3 of the pre reserved dates. I accept the reservation because i thought i was protected by the airbnb system. 
Some seconds after the approval of the reservation i canceled it (contacted the customer and everything is ok). But the dates are blocked.

How can i contact airbnb in order to unblock the dates? Thank you.

p.s. I am new to airbnb so.. please take it easy on me! 🙂

Stelios

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Faye37 ,

You clearly need to educate yourself how Airbnb Inquiries and Requests work. The Airbnb Help can be usefull for this. If you cancel a reservation, you will be penalized:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

One thing is: the dates are blocked, so you can not accept another reservation. If you are new and made a mistake, you can try explain it to Airbnb.

Contact information is in here: 

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Hope this helps, Emiel

Hi Emiel,

thank you for the answer,

Stelios

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Faye37 You should NEVER cancel a booked reservation. As a penalty for doing that AirBnB blocks the calendar days so you can not book them again. AirBnB works on a first to pay gets the reservation basis. Don't assume that because you sent a pre-approval that it is a future reservation because it is not always used by the person recieving it and it does not block the days or hold the reservations for the 24 hours. 

Hi Letitia,

Thank you for your answer!

Stelios

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Faye37

Stelios, @Letti0 is right in what she says but, when you grant a pre-approval a box will appear asking if you wish to block your booking calendar from all other requests for the duration of the pre-approval. By checking that box the only user who will be able to follow through with a reservation in that timeframe will be the pre-approved guest.

So, a pre-approval will only give that specific guest an exclusive right to book if you make the conscious effort to check that restriction box. Don't assume that because you have granted a pre-approval that stops other guests from booking. As Letti say, fist one to whip out the credit card gets the reservation.

Cheers......Rob