Uncovering a bug: Management Fees

Bassam10
Level 2
Manama, Bahrain

Uncovering a bug: Management Fees

Just realized that my guests have not been billed for management fees I added and therefore I am not receiving them in my payout. I contacted support who asked me to raise it to the guests through the resolution center (!) for all three listings (!). So I asked what about future guests if you don't fix this bug? They replied: "The only charged we collect to the guest during reservation request nightly rate, cleaning fee and service fees, extra guest fee, and local tax.". I replied: "not what the label says" and sent the attached screenshot.

I further added:  "This fee was added a long time back and many guests would need to be contacted by myself if I were to go through the resolution center. That's not practical nor justified in this case as Airbnb needs to take responsibility for the billing error that occurred to these guests and the payout issue for myself. Both parties trusted your system to do the job we applied it to do; bill as configured by the host and as advertised accordingly to the guest.

Being a bug in your billing system, this issue needs to be escalated to the appropriate head of the concerned department. This is not a usual host-guest dispute, but a critical issue in your system's behaviour that needs higher attention than customer support.
Further, I require your billing department to sort through all the negligent billing that was done for my three listings without including the management fee I specified (because of the technical bug in your billing system to guests) and to refund me on those lost payout amounts please, thank you.

I would appreciate if someone from Airbnb would escalate to the concerned department to help me. Thank you and much appreciated. (https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/p/inbox/folder/all/thread/996134785)

Capture.JPG

4 Replies 4

I was reading your concern.  I have been managing a friends Airbnb for 7 months and only get the cleaning fee.  I want to charge a managing fee because I take care all the booking, responding to guest etc.  Can I add a managing fee into the booking? If so what is a reasonable rate?

How do I add it if I can?  

Thank you for your help!

Hi Lisa, are you paid the cleaning fee directly into your own bank account?!

Usually cleaning fees are packaged with the payout for me as a cohost.

If you need to get paid as a cohost, the host should setup payouts into two percentages (e.g. 75% and 25%) with each percentage routed to a separate bank account. That is possible from the payouts settings and that's what I do with my host.  

The owner gives me the cleaning fee because I do clean the house after each guest.

I also manage the account on airbnb.  I set it up and manage all bookings.  Can I get the cleaning fee plus a % sent to my account.  

What is a reasonable rate to charge for managing the airbnb less the cleaning fee?  I have been told I should charge 20% to 25%, that does not include cleaning, thats paid to me seperate.

If you're focused on a single property, you could ask for up to 30%. That's what I do as I fully take care of the property I manage. All bills and consumables are still paid by the property owner. 

The more properties you manage, it makes sense that you will go lower in your percentage per property.