Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

Answered!
Priya7
Level 1
Bellevue, WA

Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

I have been trying to making a booking since yesterday. I started seeing this error "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

Please help!

1 Best Answer
David6594
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I ran into the same problem and it drove me crazy for a while. I finally solved the problem by turning off WI-FI on my phone, logging out of air bnb app and logging back in. the problem was that the WI-FI network was unsecured and the air bnb app would not authenticate the connection. By forcing my phone to use cellular data, it was able to make a secure connection and all the problems went away.

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49

Hi Shontelle,

Would you please let me know how AirBnB resolved the issue.  This link (https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us/topic) show a long in page.

I am experiencing this issue from the host side.  @Airbnb customer support said they can not do anything about it besides submitting the issue to @Airbnb tech support. 

This issues goes back to 2017, as far as I can tell. 

You appear to be the only person who have received tangible help from @Airbnb.

Thank you very much.

Ben752
Level 1
Ballyronan, United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem, the second payment of my booking didn't go through and I cannot update the bank details as I'm getting the same message about the server.

Gabe38
Level 1
Alamo, CA

Same error.  Had a perfect stay few months ago and no reason for my account to not be in good standing.  No explanation on what the "error" is -- AirBnB rejects the booking with the same generic message, sometimes adding that "support ticket created and an agent will contact you".

There is no support number to call!

If by the time an AirBnB agent indeed contacts me back and turns out it was something trivial and the apartment I am trying to book is gone, I will be very pissed!

What can I do?

Jenn4191
Level 1
Vancouver, CA

I've had this issue numerous  times, even called customer service , and nothing was resolved,  it's a huge inconvenience. 

David6594
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I ran into the same problem and it drove me crazy for a while. I finally solved the problem by turning off WI-FI on my phone, logging out of air bnb app and logging back in. the problem was that the WI-FI network was unsecured and the air bnb app would not authenticate the connection. By forcing my phone to use cellular data, it was able to make a secure connection and all the problems went away.

THANK YOU!! This worked.

Tracey481
Level 2
Little Lever, United Kingdom

I am having this problem today. i have switched wifi off logged out of the app and then back in again and the issue is still happening. i have tried to make a payment via the app and also by my laptop and both are giving a server error. very frustrating when you want to make a payment. never experienced this problem before and i have used airbnb for many years for holidays 

I logged in just fine this morning, changed my phone number and now I can't get past the "server error"....

My wife and I are having same issue. We have done as you suggested , also reinstalled app, cleared cache and internet data and other suggestions I have seen. Anyone know a solution so we can leave reviews again for our guests ? 

Hello. l have the same problem. AirBnb support don't know what to do and reported to computing department. l wait more time and don't know what to do. Have AirBnb solved your case?

Trupti4
Level 1
Leicester, GB

Hi all, I initially had this error 8 months ago and reported the issue and was told its sorted but never attempted to book again. Trying to book again and same error occurring. Ridiculous on airbnb part.

Jakub88
Level 1
Prostějov, Czechia

Try different browser. Worked for me instantly!

Jack1720
Level 1
West Linn, OR

I'm having the same issue on the app.  It says the servers are down, but it's been going on for weeks. How can a company of this size have issues like this.

I called customer support (1-866-393-3393) and they directed me to add a government-issued ID (I did a driver's license). Apparently I hadn't done that yet, but once I added a driver's license I didn't get this error anymore.

Crystal436
Level 1
Tempe, AZ

I've been having the same issue for 5 days now - spoken to Airbnb and they claim its a hold from my bank... But I've tried 4 different payment method and 3 different Airbnb accounts (my own, my husbands and a friend who is traveling with us). Same error message pops up for everyone when trying to submit payment "We are performing a routine review on your reservation. This should be resolved soon".

Soon is not soon enough, and I've gotten zero help from Airbnb support aside from "contact your bank"