Unlinking facebook account from my account

Unlinking facebook account from my account

I don't feel comfortable having my facebook linked to my airbnb profile. Is there anyway I can remove this? Help please!

5 Replies 5
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

May I ask why you are concered about?

Dan2
Level 5
Encinitas, CA

I have the same concern and would also like some help.

In the last few months, it's been strange to me to see guests show up as "recommended friends" in Facebook, even though I have done all I can to not link my facebook to AirBnb.

Is there a way to stop this privacy breach? (for my sake and for my guest's sake?)

Ryan154
Level 2
Singapore

Having a slightly related problem. I have a Facebook-linked account and want to allow logging in using my email instead; but the current process for doing this kind of going in circle.

Have you tried to contact Airbnb support?

Hi Ryan,

Yes, I did end up contacting AirBnb.

They assured me that AirBnb does not link to my Facebook account unless I explicitly tell it to.

They guess that maybe Facebook has been tracking our IP address and somehow linking that to guests who have stayed here and also those who request to stay here.

Since we are trying to help protect our guest's privacy - who haven't given permission to Facebook or AirBnb to link up all our accounts - I have decided to delete my Facebook account.

You seem to be having a different issue. I believe that for many computer browsers, if you're logged into AirBnb, Facebook can figure that out, and vice versa. Maybe somebody else here can comment on that, though, or perhaps you can reach out to Facebook or AirBnb support to get help.

Regards,

Dan

Andrew680
Level 1
Nyon, Switzerland

I have a similar issue. With FaceBook blatently giving away not just your own info but that of all your friends, I have deleted my Facebook account. Now I want to ensure that I can access my Airbnb account without using the Facebook authorization.