Unlisted for Cameras over wrongful accusation

Ismail46
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Unlisted for Cameras over wrongful accusation

Hello fellow Airbnb hosts,

I am a super host for over 5years, I’ve invested a lot of $$$$$ to make my homes more suitable for guest and I feel absolutely under valued. I go above and beyond to uphold Airbnb rules most especially safety.

Airbnb ambassador has unlisted my account over false accusation by guest. Airbnb safety ambassador call on 09/20/21 asking if Cameras are located at my listing which I responded "Yes" because the Cameras are outside living area and it is listed on my profile for guest to see before booking. The ambassador said ok that she going to raise a case.

On 09/21/21 I received an email from the ambassador thanking me for speaking with her and that she will be in contact within the next 48 hours. On 09/23/21 I received an email from the same ambassador saying my listing has been unlisted due to safety violation. I immediately called Airbnb and the agent I spoke with said the case is above her position but she will escalate the case.

I have called Airbnb every day, email them video evidences of no Cameras loated at living areas. The current guest in the same listing even send messages to witnessed that there are no Cameras located inside living areas.

I have my cameras outside for security surveillance purposes and it is listed on my profile. Never had any issues with passed guests. Although the guests that reported this case, once asked me to pick her and boyfriend up from the mall during rain storm which I declined. 

Please I need help on our to resolve this case.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ismail46  This has happened to lots of hosts and it's outrageous. All Airbnb needs to do is take 3 minutes to look at your listing and see that you disclose the camera, but instead they suspend you pending an "investigation". It's truly insane.

You can't do much except be persistent (and try to stay polite- getting angry with them will make it take longer). Persistent but firm about it being absurd and that it is unnecessarily hurting your business.

It might take 4 days, it might take 2 weeks, but they will eventually lift the suspension.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

The same happened to me yesterday after 5 years of hosting.  Retaliatory action from a guest who filed a ridiculous claim that was rejected by Airbnb.  

My camera points to the gate leading to our front path,  clearly listed under the house rules and is included in the welcome message I send to guests prior to their arrival.  

There are lots of unscrupulous guests out there looking for ways  to scam.   The 
irony is that I installed the camera 3 years ago at the suggestion of an Airbnb rep who advised  me to get one after a booking for two turned into a large group who caused damage.

Please keep us posted - fingers crossed for you. 

Ismail46
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Hello All,

I have been on a case for 12days with Airbnb about my listing that was unlisted for a false report of cameras inside bedroom of my listing. 

I have submitted all evidence to proof my compliance and no cameras inside but still Airbnb ambassadors said that is their final decision. My listing cannot be unlisted.

How do you advise to go about this case?