Unlisted for cameras with no clarification or response

Shandrea1
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Unlisted for cameras with no clarification or response

The safety department unlisted my account without notice and no reasonining. I have called for two days, messaged, done twitter and facebook and I am not receiving any response. I have my cameras listed on my profile since I started a year and a half ago. Never had any issues. I have even sent them video footage of guests having parties in the back yard and front yard of my home. No follow up, no form of respect or concern to at least tell me why and when I can expect a resolution. I am pretty much done at this point. I hope to finish out my reservations and I doubt I will continue. It’s always something with airbnb; either never holding guest accountable or Injump through hoops to get $ for damages or to keep the deposit I set. I am a super host and have been since three months into this hosting thing. I’ve invested $ to make my home more suitable for guest and I feel absolutely under value. I go above and beyond for every guest and get no support when they are absolutely disregarding of house rules and city ordinance. 

7 Replies 7
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Shandrea1,

It seems that your account has been reinstated, because I can see that you have two listings, and was able to click through to each of them.

I will not continue using this platform to book guest, it took over 80 hours to respond to my inquiries. If that is not acceptable foe customers, it is not acceptable for me. 

The rep was out for two days and did not follow up. lied and said she called me. She didn’t investigate anything, she simply relisted the account bc i emailed back within less than 24 hours of her message she sent at midnight PST, that i understand the vague and unprofessional description on safety and cameras. A guest lied or the rep made a wrong call, either way there was no inclination or accountability of when it would be resolved and the rep failed to clearly communicate next steps and response times, which is customer service 101! Airbnb needs to have a professional to overhaul the entire customer support for host and whoever is over it should be fired or retrained. 

This billion dollar company has zero equity in their thought process to improve the level of respect and support of customer care for super host!

This level of service should not be tolerated by any real host and especially a super host. I work hard for my profits and I am absolutely turned off by every incident with customer service. They need better training and more supportive policies for host! 

I am totally disappointed and dissatisfied.  

@Shandrea1 regretfully they will not even notice that you are gone. You have to decide if they give you enough business to put up with their total lack of service. They can act that way for as long as they have such a huge market share. 

Barry346
Level 6
Auckland, New Zealand

I've just had similar experience, my listing shows cameras at the property and we advise the guest twice (day of booking and 4 days before checkin) and the support rep suspended my account in the last hours of his shift before his weekend. Tried calling AirBNB, tried their chat, tried twitter, all to no avail; I'm told I have to wait for that department to contact me. Its been 2 days now of me trying to get hold of them and I emailed them right back with all the proof and screenshots when they emailed me.

They just click a button to suspend without even checking the listing or checking the email communications between guests and host.

I have 4 properties on AirBNB and have been a super host on and off many times.

I have documented my entire experience here

https://medium.com/@barrymurphy_73830/bad-airbnb-experience-from-a-superhost-1398a40795e

I still have yet to hear back from anyone, even though AirBNB twitter keeps saying someone is actively working the case and will be in touch shortly; this is the same response for 2 days and not a peep out of them.

Hello Barry my name is Kris. I have very similar situation going on right this minute. The fact that in every situation I've had and there's been two related to complaints about the camera. Four cases of me trying to get payed for damages. But one thing that I really didn't like seeing, you wrote they get back to you right before their shift closes  saying that it'll be a few days before they get in touch with us again. Then there's the classic if we don't hear back from you in 24 hours this case will be closed. Once a case is closed you have no way of getting in touch with these people. This dysfunctionality is hurtful to my business in the extreme. This must be some sort of tactic to stall or something. for that has been the case every time there has been a situation going on. I have many other very serious complaints and would love to talk to you ,on the phone if you want to give me a call. thanks we might actually be able to get this company to do a better job.  together we may have a voice. 831-277-4119 I'm in California.

Hello Debra my name is Kris I don't know that you are still working with Airbnb but I am having an issue with a complaint from my camera. I am fully righteous and my listing is disclosed properly.and this is happened twice to me now. I notify a guest that I have seen them breaking house rules on the camera they get defensive ,uncomfortable, vindictive would be the proper word. then they  make a complaint about privacy issues and I get suspended with no notification reason why or any possible ability to get hold of anyone. The rest is a lot like your situation. It is now been 16 days and someone did get back to me. wouldn't tell me who made the complaint. but said it should be resolved in 72 hours .that caseworker has not gotten back to me yet. I would love to talk with you in person as I'm not good at written word. My number 831-277-4119 I'm in California my listing is suspended. This offer of a phone call conversation, I guess goes out to anyone who has  similar problems .