Unresponsive and disrespectful Investigating team

Answered!
Marcus484
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Unresponsive and disrespectful Investigating team

I recently had an issue with a guest coming from another country. He didn't find my apartment and the other day he was messaging me saying that I would be reported.

I always send previously all information with gate code, door lock code, Google maps pin that can be downloaded in case you don't have Internet and I also send a screenshot of the map showing where my building is located.

Airbnb autocratically suspended my account and blocked my calendar. I never received any message regarding this issue. I just woke up and saw a message when I was accessing my calendar of "suspended". When you press the button to learn more, it leads you to a link to download an "appeal form". The link is broken and can't be downloaded. Ive tried through smartphone and laptop.

I know they have access to our conversation with guests through the app. 

Someone named Thomas from Airbnb support finally reached me out through email asking to address the problem responding in 48 hours his email; 20 minutes later, I responded his email. It has been four days since my account was suspended and I am almost every day trying to resolve this issue calling Airbnb unsuccessfully and the same Thomas keeps replying my email as I never sent thousands of emails responding the issue. Now I have my calendar blocked, I'm feeling this financial strike, the customer support is completely useless and the reservations I had are being canceled.

If you know how to resolve this issue, please respond this message because I don't have any idea about what to do at this point.

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marcus484 

Sorry, I don't know what you can do but I am responding in order to bump your thread and hopefully someone here will have some useful advice.

I have seen many threads here on the CC from hosts who experienced something similar. It is a far too frequently occurring problem and one that Airbnb really needs to sort out. This 'guilty unto proven innocent' approach from their 'trust and safety' team is ridiculous. 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marcus484 

Sorry, I don't know what you can do but I am responding in order to bump your thread and hopefully someone here will have some useful advice.

I have seen many threads here on the CC from hosts who experienced something similar. It is a far too frequently occurring problem and one that Airbnb really needs to sort out. This 'guilty unto proven innocent' approach from their 'trust and safety' team is ridiculous. 

I really appreciate your support, thank you.

Multiple calls to Airbnb and their support can't help me with anything and only keep encouraging to wait for a call back from the "investigating team (laughing). A couple minutes ago I received a message from a supervisor who never actually identified herself. She said the connection was bad and would like to keep the conversation through the chat and, again, chat window closed with no response. Through Facebook is also a waste of time, they might have a robot sending prompted messages and you never get a satisfactory answer.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marcus484 

If you do a quick search on the CC, you'll find countless threads about this.

It's especially worrying though that you've mentioned the appeals form link is broken. 

@Sybe @Quincy @Jenny is it possible to prompt CS to fix this link.

I'm not sure if this is because I don't have a current suspension on my listings, but when I try clicking the link, it just takes me to my hosting dashboard...

Hosts are really stuck between a rock and a hard place when these unwarranted suspensions happen. It's not only incredibly frustrating but costly. I really think that if Airbnb is going to continue with this system, then they need to financially compensate the host for lost earnings once the suspension turns out to have been erroneous. 

Just received a message: account deactivated and bookings canceled. Im on the phone with them. Same unhelpful staff, advices that won't lead you anywhere and lots of prompted messages with learn more. Im exhausted of trying.

Marcus484
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

By the way, why this topic was marked as resolved?

Marcus484
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Does anyone here can share with me the Appeal form, please? 

My email is: **

Can't even see their response since I can't log in anymore. 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Marcus484
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Marcus484, I'm not sure whether you're currently still experiencing the issues you've mentioned, but let me know, and I will pass this on to the team. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jill914
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

This is clearly a sensitive and dangerous legal issue in the Safety Department spanning multiple reservations. 

Airbnb employs an Ambassadors  to resolve  sensitive legal issues, namely privacy violations.

I guest complainED  I entered his unit  and quicly provided written permisson to enter the unit and the investigation was close 

I the ambassador IVO   that  not properly  trained and mixing up tickets from multiple  unit.    He does not understand the investigation process and communicaed with hosts and guests acording to his own rules, of the process in bizarre manner.

This is dangerous  and I keep getting form responses that tell  me Airbnb will nor revisit an investigation -- but I am NOT disputing he investigation.  I am reporting and Ambassador that is a threat to the community and requires supervison  because he randomly called the resolution center 20 days later and issued a refund for no possible reason 

He accidentally merged two investigation tickets, one for mine and another guesit cam involving security cameras  He also created multiple tickets

.  My ticket was cleared quickly – just a guest trying to circumvent  the refund policy  claiming  someone entered his unit. I  quicky provide a response with written permission to enter the unit to change a bulb, and proof  that a delivery had been made to a common area. 

While communicating with Airbnb,  On Sept 3 Ivo accidentally merged a complaint about another host having security cameras with my complaint  and began asking me about this issue  with other host is (See attached file – support notes)  This ticket is still merged 

I have provided the notes on my portal and the attachments sent to airbnb  becasue it is serius 

IVO  stated in his email to me confirmed he had been confused and merged the my ticket with other hosts, and then did not know how to close out any tickets on the system so he is leaving them open and put in his own process.

The following occurred:

• August 29, 30, 31 – Sept 2 - aguest (20 years old, with no prior reviews) checked in

• Sept 2 – guest and  got fired from his job or the his client cancelled the work and he wanted a refund

• Guest  said he would contact Airbnb for extenuating circumstances abd   wanted a refund and to transfer the reservation to another guest.

• I offered him  a generous refund.  He wanted a 100% refund

• On Sept 2 -3  To get a full refund, the guest    filed a Complaint of a  security violation stating I entered his unit.  I cooperated with the Airbnb 72- hour investigation provided copies of   written permission to enter  change a light bulb and written permission, (attached)

•   The investigation was to be closed in 72 hours.  My accoint  was never suspended.   I received notification investigation was closed.  Airbnb,did NOT  cancel the guest reservation and was required to uphold my policy

• On Sept 13 –  the guest emailed lVO outside of the process  in an investigation that was supposed to be closed,  I promptly sent pictures showing the delivery of bedding was made to a common  shared hallway.   

• I received  duplicate emails from Airbnb the investigation was closed and thanking me for cooperating on the Sep  4, 8 12 and 17. My listings were never suspended

• If there had been a violation recorded, the reservation would show “cancelled by AirBnb” within 72 hours.

• Because I had not committed a violation, cooperated with the investigation and no security violation had been found.  Airbnb was required honor my cancellation policy and required the guest to cancel.

• On Sept 8, outside of the process, IVO emailed me to confirm the guest was in the unit on the 8th. This was irrelevant , since it was up to the guest to cancel and request a refund from me . 

• I cooperated in having someone go to the unit and knock.I wrote to Airbnb  guest appeared to  the unit unit until the 8th and did not return keys – the television was on,  , laundry was in dryer in the common area

• I could not enter the unit absent an emergency. I am not permitted to cancel as a host .  IVO’s involvement should have ended on September 5. Investigations are supposed to be completed in 72 hours .  The new complaint about the delivery was not raised until the 13th

• On the Sept. 17, I received notification the “guest cancelled” and I could rebook my unit.  This was properly documented as a cancellation by the guest subject to my policy

There is a difference between a cancellation by Airbnb 72 hours after an investigaton and a guest cancellation 20 days into the reservation when I was not allowed to enter my property

However without any communication with me or anyone at Airbnb, IVO called the Eesolutions department and told them to issue a full refund after 20 days and provided the reason the guest “never stayed in the unit.”

IVO objectively knew this was not true based on email exchanges between the guest and me on from Aug 29 to the 3rd and IVO either committed fraud or was not competent.

Airbnb supervisors in other the Resolutions Department  readily saw the erro and wrote to IvO the Safety Team to “take the loss” on behalf of Airbnb.  One  Resolutions  Ambassador comment IVO did not follow policy and was biased toward a male guest and kept communicating with the guest and for weeks after the investigation was over,

, without me involved, coaxing him to provide  for additional   false information after the reporting deadline .   ( I cannot see these communications—the Resolutions team told me about them)

The Resolutions team could not address the issue because the Safety Team had the ticket and had to “take a loss.”

I requested IVOs supervisor and IVO refused to contact his supervisoand had another ambassador call me and pretend to be a supervisor.  The  Resolutions Department escalated it.

Today I received a  auto-reply  message saying I cannot dispute the results of an investigation

I explained I am not disputing the results of an investigation resolved in my favor, but rather the call by IVO to issue a full refund on a “guest cancellation” 20 days into the reservation.

I have no idea what tickets the supervisor is looking at .

]

I have lost a month a revenue.  My unit is damaged.  The shower head was ripped off the wall. r A television remote appears to have been against a wall.  I did not get keys back and had to have the locks changed.   I have $611 in damage receipts,  but cannot file a claimt because an Ambassador at Airbnb falsified records and said the guest was never there. St

It is undisputed that the gusst was in the unit Aug 29, 30,21, 1 and 3 by his own texts – long after the 72 hour reporting period    I have hosted 60 reservatins. I have two identical units and a third unit occupied.

It is also important to note that  the refund IVO issued was for more than the payout, after I lost access to my locked unit from August 29 to September 17 until the guest finally cancelled so we could enter the unit

I have hosted more than 50 reservations without incident   I will not be paid for the next month because you are now withholding those payments

I do not want to host for Airbnb until I know there is a functioning Safety Team, and I imagine guests would not want to stay without an audit of IVO’s tickets to see if the merged tickets were investigated.

I have been a host for 2.5 years and hosted 50 reservations. This is clearly a sensitive and dangerous legal issue in the Safety department spanning multiple reservations.

Airbnb employs an Ambassadors  to resolve  sensitive legal issues, namely privacy violations.

I guest complain about I entered his unit  and quicly provided written permisson to enter the unit and the investigatin was close 

I came across and ambassador IVO  is not properly  trained and mixing up tickets from multiple  unit.    He does not understand the investigation process and communicating with hosts and guests acording to his own rules, of the process in bizarre manner.

This is dangerous  and I keep getting form responses that tell  me Airbnb will nor revisit an investigation -- but I am NOT disputing he investigation.  I am reporting and Ambassador that is a threat to the community and requires supervison

He accidentally merged two investigation tickets, one for mine and another guesit cam involving security cameras  He also created multiple tickets

.  My ticket was cleared quickly – just a guest trying to circumvent  the refund policy  claiming  someone entered his unit. I  quicky provideda response with written permission to enter the unit to change a bulb, and proof  that a delivery had been made to a common area. 

While communicating with Airbnb,  On Sept 3 Ivo accidentally merged a complaint about another host having security cameras with my complaint  and began asking me about this issue  with other host is (See attached file – support notes)  This ticket is still merged 

I have provided the notes on my portal and the attachments sent to airbnb  becasue it is serius 

IVO  stated in his email to me confirmed he had been confused and merged the my ticket with other hosts, and then did not know how to close out any tickets on the system so he is leaving them open and put in his own process.

The following occurred:

• August 29, 30, 31 – Sept 2 - aguest (20 years old, with no prior reviews) checked in

• Sept 2 – guest and  got fired from his job or the his client cancelled the work and he wanted a refund

• Guest  said he would contact Airbnb for extenuating circumstances abd   wanted a refund and to transfer the reservation to another guest.

• I offered him  a generous refund.  He wanted a 100% refund

• On Sept 2 -3  To get a full refund, the guest    filed a Complaint of a  security violation stating I entered his unit.  I cooperated with the Airbnb 72- hour investigation provided copies of   written permission to enter  change a light bulb and written permission, (attached)

•   The investigation was to be closed in 72 hours.  My accoint  was never suspended.   I received notification investigation was closed.  Airbnb,did NOT  cancel the guest reservation and was required to uphold my policy

• On Sept 13 –  the guest emailed lVO outside of the process  in an investigation that was supposed to be closed,  I promptly sent pictures showing the delivery of bedding was made to a common  shared hallway.   

• I received  duplicate emails from Airbnb the investigation was closed and thanking me for cooperating on the Sep  4, 8 12 and 17. My listings were never suspended

• If there had been a violation recorded, the reservation would show “cancelled by AirBnb” within 72 hours.

• Because I had not committed a violation, cooperated with the investigation and no security violation had been found.  Airbnb was required honor my cancellation policy and required the guest to cancel.

• On Sept 8, outside of the process, IVO emailed me to confirm the guest was in the unit on the 8th. This was irrelevant , since it was up to the guest to cancel and request a refund from me . 

• I cooperated in having someone go to the unit and knock.I wrote to Airbnb  guest appeared to  the unit unit until the 8th and did not return keys – the television was on,  , laundry was in dryer in the common area

• I could not enter the unit absent an emergency. I am not permitted to cancel as a host .  IVO’s involvement should have ended on September 5. Investigations are supposed to be completed in 72 hours .  The new complaint about the delivery was not raised until the 13th

• On the Sept. 17, I received notification the “guest cancelled” and I could rebook my unit.  This was properly documented as a cancellation by the guest subject to my policy

There is a difference between a cancellation by Airbnb 72 hours after an investigaton and a guest cancellation 20 days into the reservation when I was not allowed to enter my property

However without any communication with me or anyone at Airbnb, IVO called the Eesolutions department and told them to issue a full refund after 20 days and provided the reason the guest “never stayed in the unit.”

IVO objectively knew this was not true based on email exchanges between the guest and me on from Aug 29 to the 3rd and IVO either committed fraud or was not competent.

Airbnb supervisors in other the Resolutions Department  readily saw the erro and wrote to IvO the Safety Team to “take the loss” on behalf of Airbnb.  One  Resolutions  Ambassador comment IVO did not follow policy and was biased toward a male guest and kept communicating with the guest and for weeks after the investigation was over,

, without me involved, coaxing him to provide  for additional   false information after the reporting deadline .   ( I cannot see these communications—the Resolutions team told me about them)

The Resolutions team could not address the issue because the Safety Team had the ticket and had to “take a loss.”

I requested IVOs supervisor and IVO refused to contact his supervisoand had another ambassador call me and pretend to be a supervisor.  The  Resolutions Department escalated it.

Today I received a  auto-reply  message saying I cannot dispute the results of an investigation

I explained I am not disputing the results of an investigation resolved in my favor, but rather the call by IVO to issue a full refund on a “guest cancellation” 20 days into the reservation.

I have no idea what tickets the supervisor is looking at .

]

I have lost a month a revenue.  My unit is damaged.  The shower head was ripped off the wall. r A television remote appears to have been against a wall.  I did not get keys back and had to have the locks changed.   I have $611 in damage receipts,  but cannot file a claimt because an Ambassador at Airbnb falsified records and said the guest was never there. St

It is undisputed that the gusst was in the unit Aug 29, 30,21, 1 and 3 by his own texts – long after the 72 hour reporting period    I have hosted 60 reservatins. I have two identical units and a third unit occupied.

It is also important to note that  the refund IVO issued was for more than the payout, after I lost access to my locked unit from August 29 to September 17 until the guest finally cancelled so we could enter the unit

I have hosted more than 50 reservations without incident   I will not be paid for the next month because you are now withholding those payments

I do not want to host for Airbnb until I know there is a functioning Safety Team, and I imagine guests would not want to stay without an audit of IVO’s tickets to see if the merged tickets were investigated.