Untidy guests

Jenny371
Level 8
Waikato, New Zealand

Untidy guests

We have only been hosting since December and charge a good amount for cleaning which doesnt cover the amount that the cleaner charges us. We find that most people leave messes i.e chocolate marks on couch, finger prints all over sliding doors (teenagers apparently),wet floors, dishes not done (there is a dishwasher) soap powder from washing machine all over floor, stain on duvet etc etc Its like because they are paying for cleaning that  they feel like they can make whatever mess they like.
Is it best just to leave appropriate feedback or open to suggestions?

2 Replies 2

If you can figure out your average number of days per booking and divide the cleaning charge by it, you can add that amount to your daily rental fee, thus eliminating your cleaning fee and the untidiness left by people who want to get their money's worth from your rental. Personally, I have always been offended by a cleaning charge, especially when I end up in a place that is below my standard of cleanliness. We are hosts, not hotels, but even an hotel adds its cost of doing business to its room rate. That's what I've done and I believe that guests are relieved that there is not one more charge on top of room rates, commissions, and taxes. Except for 2 times in 3 years, my guests have been respectful of my property. That being said, I only host 2 people at a time and there is a distinct advantage in that.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

From reading this forum I gather, @Jenny371, that those hosts who do not run their places hands-on but through some remote tools often encounter problems like that with guests.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"