Unvaccinated travellers not allowed to book accommodation in Hotels in Queensland, Australia

David492
Level 1
Peregian Springs, Australia

Unvaccinated travellers not allowed to book accommodation in Hotels in Queensland, Australia

The Australian QLD Government requires guests to be vaccinated before booking into a hotel for accommodation

Should the same rules apply to guests booking into Airbnb?

As a Host can I make it a requirement that guests cannot make a booking without being vaccinated?

Will Airbnb allow me to make it a requirement defined in my Listing?

@David492 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@David492  Yes, plenty of hosts, not just in Australia, but all over, now state in their listings that they are fully vaccinated and only accept vaccinated guests. Make sure to state it prominently in the first part of your description as a "Please note:"

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you can. Use the search fiction here to find previous posts it's been discussed quite widely @David492 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David492 @Sarah977 @Helen3 The fact that lots of hosts do this does not make it either legal or allowed by Airbnb. I suspect 99% of motorists exceed the speed limit but it doesn't make it legal.

That said there have been no reports of hosts being suspended or taken to court for insisting on vaccinated guests so it appears to be acceptable to do so.

Marco3150
Level 2
Armação dos Búzios, Brazil

@David492 Boa noite! Sobre o comprovante de vacinação, criei uma mensagem com um tom simpático e agradável e enviei aos hóspedes já confirmados para o réveillon 2021/2022 aqui na minha pousada