Upcoming guests - news to me

Deborah251
Level 2
Morpeth, United Kingdom

Upcoming guests - news to me

Hi all. So... just checking upcoming guests for August in the calendar and all looked well, then I looked in the detailed summary and there are people’s names and dates that I know nothing about. I’ve taken a screenshot and sent a query into Airbnb but wondering if any of you good people have ever had this happen. Cheers 

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Deborah251,

I'm not sure from the description if you realise that instant book is turned on for the listing or if you do realise it and the problem is something else. It's just that there are many reports here where the host didn't realise that instant book was turned on for their listing.

With instant book turned on people who meet the minimum requirements set by Airbnb can book without the host having to manually confirm the reservation.

With instant book you should still get a confirmation email when a guest books. You could log on and check your notifications to see that they are set as otherwise you might not receive such notifications.

Click on your profile photo and select "Account Settings". In the "Messages" box check the boxes for each type of notification that you wish to receive and then click on "Save" at the end of the page.

Steve.

@Deborah251 

A glitch?  I have noticed I haven't been getting IB reservation notifications recently, I have to sign into my account to see them.

@Ange2  Had the same issue with the last two IB, no notification. Saw it on the calendar both times. 

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Deborah251,

Once you get a reservation confirmed, you also get some extra details from the guest´s personal info such as full name, telephone number and email address.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Are the details greyed out? If that's the case, the would-be guest has yet to go through the verification set as per your listing. You'll get the notification once the process has been completed.