Vacation property rental agreement

Valerie696
Level 2
California City, CA

Vacation property rental agreement

Hello!

Would anyone have a template for a "Vacation Property Rental Agreement"?

With the current inability to enforce unlawful detainers, accepting guests for more than 28 days in California has become a scary proposal.  I have a template for standard rental agreements (fixed term or month-to-month), but am reluctant to use it,  as it would not be enforceable (even with "just cause"), in the present COVID-19 context.  

A "Vacation Property Rental Agreement", if kept under 28 days, would be enforceable.  I understand that this may be redundant, given the Airbnb agreement the guest signs.  BUT I have a guest who insists on signing a paper agreement with me ("to obtain reimbursement from his employer").   Because he is also interested in extending his stay, my alarm bells are going off.  I would like to oblige his request, but with a 28 days only Vacation Property Rental Agreement.

Another question: do some of you who require signature of a lease agreement also request an application form to be filled?? (For example, to be able to confirm employment when guests state work reasons for their rental needs?)

Nothing is simple anymore...

Thank you!!

7 Replies 7
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Valerie696,

Try doing a search online for vacation rental agreements.  There probably are several examples and templates.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I got mine drawn up by a local housing lawyer @Valerie696 

if you want to take a deposit/references etc then Airbnb is not the right platform to use. That’s what you would do as part of a standard tenancy agreement. 

Airbnb does not enforce anything

Are you saying that I can use a Vacation Rental agreement for my guests through Airbnb?

@Valerie696  Did you ever find one that you could share?  Thank you.

Enri1804
Level 10
North Topsail Beach, NC

Please use Vacation Rental agreements, I think it will help us all. NC does have a Vacation Rental Act that states everyone here is required to have one for short term rentals, so AirBnB should probably enforce or you can on your own, one way or another. It’s nothing new, before AirBnB we all had to sign off or click we agreed when using a vacation rental company. It will help you keep them under 28 days, but do not extend. @Valerie696 Please look up vacation rental companies near you, so you can use their templates based on your city laws, almost all have them on their websites. Here is an example in CA https://www.bluewatervacationhomes.com/rental-terms-and-conditions/

This is an excellent rental agreement!  Thank you for sharing.