Variable cleaning fee pricing

John5621
Level 1
Berrien Springs, MI

Variable cleaning fee pricing

I want to charge a higher cleaning fee for single night stays vs multi-night stays.  Any idea how I can do this in the listing?  One thought is to have the single night cleaning fee in the listing and refund the difference for multi-night stays.  Trying to figure how to explain this in the listing.  It would be great if I could show this as a promotion but haven't found where I can do this.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@John5621  No, there is no way to do this and it isn't necessary. Because the cleaning fee is a one-time only fee on a booking, however long it is, it already amounts to more on a short booking. If you list a $100 cleaning fee, for instance, that amounts to $50/night on a 2 night booking, but only $10/ night on a 10 day booking.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@John5621   While you can't change the cleaning fee for one night versus multi-night,  you can discount your nightly rate over X number of nights by X%.  This may do what you are trying to do.  Its under the Edit listing, Pricing and availability, discounts, Add a discount for other stays.  You can add several different scenarios here.

Airbnb should set the cleaning fees up as a $ amount per day or week, we clean 2x a week for a stay of a week or longer, at our properties - and have priced it for this - but when someone stays 2 or 3 weeks it costs us double but we only get one fee!  @John5621