Verified Guests book my place, stole 1000USD worth of stuff. Airbnb so far didnt respond; 2 wks ago

Ryan90
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

Verified Guests book my place, stole 1000USD worth of stuff. Airbnb so far didnt respond; 2 wks ago

Hello Community,

Verified guests booked my condo for 3 nights on Sept 25-28, I accepted their booking. We helped them check in . 3 Days later, place was a mess and my playstation, external harddive, ps3 games, towels, and even power plug were stolen. Lets not forget I had to make guest cards for them which is another charge. With in 48 hours, I submitted all pictures, police report, security report to airbnb resolution center but heard nothing from them. A week later, I contacted airbnb resolution again but still nothing. This is really disturbing because normally I get a response right away.
One thing that is very strange, when I tried to contact these "verified" guest about my stolen stuff, airbnb deleted the messages and said; something like, these guest are still waiting to complete their profile. But this happened after 3 days of them living and staying at my place. Should this step have happened before they got to book? So far its 2 weeks and nothing from airbnb, I only have the emails of "requesting money from guest". Please anyone help me with this matter. Thank you. 

5 Replies 5
Alexandra137
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

AIR BNB CHARGE US FEES WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO COVER INSURANCE.  WE NEED A TWITTER CAMPAIGN RE AIR BNB CONTACT PROBLEMS.

Alexandra137
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

ARE HOSTS COVERED BY INSURANCE? IS NOT THAT INCLUDED IN FEES?  

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Have you called them?

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Ryan90 I am so sorry to hear about your situation.

I would suggest you call BNB to chase up with them. If you can 't reach them fast track through social media.

Going forward - I would suggest taking out luxury items such as playstations and games (easy to steal and popular) and also setting up CCTV in the entrance to your property so guests can be filmed entering and leaving the property.

Do you have IB turned on - if so turn it off, speak to all guests (through Airbnb messaging) before confirming your booking and ensure they are 'fully verified' so they need to provide photo ID.

Thawat0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Hi Ryan,  sorry to hear this.. did you get support info from AB&B in pressing a charge with the thief guests? Did you ask payment from security deposit& how AB&B respond to you? You might need to call up someone responsible...