Verified guest booking for other people

Jenna146
Level 2
Harare, Zimbabwe

Verified guest booking for other people

Hi All,

What is Airbnb doing to prevent this? Seems the host is the one who loses control with these bookings. I had a guest book my listing, he gave the self check in details to a third party — the guest never stayed. Guest admitted after that he used my place for his guests as his place was full. His profile was verified by Airbnb. The people who stayed stole stuff from my apartment, were screaming and shouting at 2:30am and broke several glasses on the common stairwell and then left leaving my apartment door ajar, and took my keys as well. I can’t file a police report for theft as I hold a security deposit on my listing for each booking so the police state that until the guest refuses to pay this, they can’t get involved.

Airbnb have said that the stock of toiletries and household cleaning products that they stole will not be reimbursed. These amount to over USD100 as my stocks were cleaned out!

Can anyone else comment on this? As a host, you get penalised for not accepting bookings, but then have to trust that Airbnb are going to stand by you when a guest does something like this. The guest was trying to check in outside of my check in times (earlier by 6 hours) and check out later but I reiterated that he could not do this. I got a bad feeling about his manner before check in, and messaged Airbnb stating this.

Thanks,

Jenna

3 Replies 3
Jenna146
Level 2
Harare, Zimbabwe

The total  amount that was stolen amounts to USD485. The guest paid USD70 for the night!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jenna146  This was another host who 3rd party booked one of his guests that he couldn't accommodate? If so, he needs to be reported to Airbnb- he should be delisted.

Jenna146
Level 2
Harare, Zimbabwe

Hi sarah...that’s the problem. He doesn’t have a listing on airbnb. I have reported him. But it doesn’t solve the repercussions that he’s created as a result of his actions.