Verified guest request showing up as pending verification

Anna353
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Verified guest request showing up as pending verification

I am a host. I have a new to airbnb guest whose request is showing up as "pending verification" however, when I look at her profile through my inbox, it says that she is verified, including with a government ID. I am in the US, she is in Germany. I thought it might have been a timing issue that she requested the stay before she was verified, so I had her cancel the request and start a new request. (We do have instant book turned on for verified guests.) However, her second request showed up with a status of "pending verification." Is this a bug that is not switching her to verified so she can book? Or is there a waiting period after she verifies before the request will switch the status?

Also, in the first request, it showed up as March 15-17 and I could pre-approve it, but in her note, she said she wanted March 12-15. When I looked at the calendar, I could see the pending verification request for the right dates, and the pre-approve for the wrong dates. I had received only the one request in my inbox. After she canceled and tried again, I received only the one request for the correct dates. Seems like there was a ghost request in there. 

2 Replies 2
Joshua63
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Guest that are pending verifcation due to mostly credit card verification. Airbnb requires you to send in your billing statments. 

This process takes 1-48 hours, when that happens Airbnb puts a hold on the listing for 12 hours.

Aimee58
Level 1
Kanab, UT

I am a fairly new host with the same issue. However, my guest gave up and booked a hotel. Rats. He said he initially tried booking the reservation Friday morning (10/12). If the “pending” booking should fall off in 12 hours, we are now at roughly 36 hours after he booked and it’s still showing as “pending” and will not allow me to remove it, or I would imagine allow any other guest to book it. I asked him cancel the booking, but he said it’s no longer pending (on his side). 

My question is, is there a way that I can release the “pending” booking without an adverse effect on me as a host? This looks like an Airbnb issue, but not sure.