Verifying ID

Answered!
Rosemary12
Level 9
Burnaby, Canada

Verifying ID

I have a friend who is trying to make a first booking. She doesn't have a camera on her computer. Can anyone tell me how she can download her driver's licence with a cell phone and send to AirBnB. There is nothing in the Help section covering this problem.

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

She can take a photo on her phone, email it to herself and then download it from the message to her computer (and then upload to Airbnb)

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Vini0
Level 2
Netherlands

There is option to upload the idI'd. I did the same,it will work. Regards

Can you walk me through this? As a host, I don't have this option on my site. Where is it found?

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

She can take a photo on her phone, email it to herself and then download it from the message to her computer (and then upload to Airbnb)

Robert132
Level 2
La Quinta, CA

I have a trip pending but am told I need to add verification.  I have supplied a copy of my driver's license, Facebook link, personal photo and even made and saved a video, but it still shows I need to add verification.  How long does it take before someone can verify everything I've entered?

Where we have had guests with pending verification it has taken about 24 hours for it to complete...not sure if that is above or below what is usual.

Not good when there was only 12 hours after the reservation was accepted to confirm and secure!

@Robert132

Are you able to play the video back on the site?  If so, your video has been uploaded and is being reviewed Airbnb.  This can take up to 24 hours but is generally approved in a few hours.

You should also be able to check your status here:

https://www.airbnb.com/verify

You may also want to reach out to your host and see if they can possibly hold the listing for you as the verification is taking longer.  Many hosts will do this for you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I am able to take the video but nothing happens when I click the save button.  I will reach out to the host.

Ben108
Level 1
Hawthorn, Australia

Hi

I have uploaded photo ID and recorded a video message but i still cannot verify myself?

Has anyone got any ideas for me?

Thanks

Ben

hi ben - similarly i have been having this problem for more than 10 days. Been communicating with the help desk and they kept coming back and advised me to take new photo. that doesnt help.

can anyone help ? thanks 

Rashid 

Bettee0
Level 2
Kamloops, Canada

I have taken a picture of my driver's license but don't know where or how to send it so I can be "verified". 

Luke43
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

I am trying to comple the verification of ID for my first booking. I click on the link in the email and the link in my profile, but it takes me to the search page. 

How do I fix this?

Hi @Luke43,

There is an issue with this right now BUT try it using the Airbnb app as that seems to be working right now.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Luke43,

Following @Dave-and-Deb0's advice above, did you managed to verify your account in the end?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.