Verifying ID

Answered!
Rosemary12
Level 9
Burnaby, Canada

Verifying ID

I have a friend who is trying to make a first booking. She doesn't have a camera on her computer. Can anyone tell me how she can download her driver's licence with a cell phone and send to AirBnB. There is nothing in the Help section covering this problem.

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

She can take a photo on her phone, email it to herself and then download it from the message to her computer (and then upload to Airbnb)

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Mariette4
Level 2
Netherlands

Not so long ago a fraud tried to make a booking with us. She tried to do pishing.

I foud out that Airbnb had not verified the ID of that person.

If Airbnb takes safety realy serious for hosts, Airbnb should only allow people who had their ID verified  to make contact with hosts.

That is now not the case.

Hi,

I am a host and cannot get into my account to do anything as the screen comes up to verify ID, I have a booking that I needed to cancel, enquiries that I cannot answer and guests that I need to send more arrival information and I cannot do anything.  I have tried all the options to load ID, passport, driving license, etc.  Once it looked like it was successful and at the end said, you can continue your search for your holiday, how frustrating, I am a host not someone searching for a holiday.  I have emailed airbnb, only to get an email back to say change my password, very unhelpful, also had a call from airbnb that was very unhelpful and did not resolve my problem.  Missed out on 4 weeks rentals so far and response rate going down.

Kerry, Spain

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Martin3863
Level 1
Monterrey, Mexico

I am a hosting, airbnb ask me to send my government ID and my photo (my face), but always respond "It’s difficult to see you in the photo you took of yourself. To help us make sure it’s you, the photo of your face needs to match the photo that’s on your ID.". I show my ID and my photo to many people (known and unknown) and all said is me. What can I do?