Video verification taking long, have 4 hours till my request will not be sent. Urgent.

Bhagwant0
Level 1
Oakville, Canada

Video verification taking long, have 4 hours till my request will not be sent. Urgent.

There is a wonderful listing that I have decided to book with. The host has given me pre-approval after we talked a little bit since this is my first time using Airbnb. I had some questions and they were promptly answered. Very helpful host!.

The issue now seems to be getting verified. My government ID has been verified but I do not use social media so my facebook with minimal activity did not verify. I however posted a video in such a case to help verifiy who I am. I gave an introduction as to who I am and where I currently reside as the video is supposed to concise. I did this atleast 7 hours ago and am still waiting verification and am about to lose the reservation due to lack of verification. Is there anything I can do about this since this is my first time and am at a loss.

1 Reply 1
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bhagwant0

I'm sorry to hear about this

I can see that last Sunday you've mentioned that you only had 4 hours left until the request would expire. How did it go for you? Were you still able to sort this out?

I recommend that you try to contact Airbnb in the future via the how to contact Airbnb Guide should you have any urgent requests. 

I'd love to hear your answers.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen