Voucher offer from Bahamas host. Legit???

Kelly1234
Level 1
Bainbridge, MD

Voucher offer from Bahamas host. Legit???

Hi!  My husband and I booked a long weekend to the Bahamas in March.  Instead of offering a refund our host is offering us a Voucher from The Bahamas Vacation Club.  I can not find much information online about this club and their vouchers which left me feeling uneasy.  So, I contacted my host again to talk about my concerns and he called me via telephone to "assure' me that the club was good.  Is there anyone in this online community that knows or has any information on The Bahamas Vacation Club?  Also, because there is a Travel Band to the Bahamas and an International Travel Band on US citizens, AND my flight is being cancelled ( American Airlines keeps calling me to see if I'll accept a voucher as well, which we haven't yet.) couldn't I get a full refund from AIRBNB directly using the EC clause?  Please advise....

1 Reply 1

@Kelly1234  If you booked the trip  on or before March 14, you should qualify for a full refund from Airbnb under Extenuating Circumstances. That would certainly be the better option for you.

If you booked in the second half of March, you're probably ineligible, so you'd be subject to the terms of your host's cancellation policy and any travel insurance you might have.  I don't know anything about the Bahamas Vacation Club, but personally I'd rather accept a partial refund than a voucher that can only be used in a destination you might not be willing or able to travel to during its validity period.