WHEN A GUEST DOESN'T WRITE A REVIEW

Elena217
Level 1
Rome, Italy

WHEN A GUEST DOESN'T WRITE A REVIEW

Hi nice people, thank you for your kind attention. I hosted a couple of guests in August and they didn't write a review about their staying here. I'm very disappointed since it takes just few minutes of time and sincere words.
I wrote to them to see why and the answer was they were sorry and just busy but they were going to write it that day.
Nothing.
I left already one for them.
I care because visibility on Airbnb depends on reviews and I wonder if Airbnb can do something.
Thank you for any support and suggestions.
Have a nice day
Elena
36 Replies 36

Taking the same approach = WAIT! as guests today seem to sit on those reviews and it hurts when you have given them a 5 star review already.  :(.  

That's a great idea!  I will begin following that process.  My only remaining issue is that Airbnb still requires a minimum percentage of reviews to keep your Superhost.   Unfortunately, both Airbnb and their superhost requirements are losing their lustre with me.  Airbnb's dictatorial nose-in-my-business increasingly annoy me and are prodding me toward other platforms and my own website.  Airbnb has entirely forgotten its roots and the hosts that helped them to where they are today.   

Irina293
Level 3
Antalya, Turkey

Airbnb review and rating system is the drawback of the platform. The "value" of a host review is much higher then of a guest. As a host I am inclined to accept bookings from guests who have no reviews, but as a guest I would hardly choose an accomodation with no reviews at all. For some random guest useres host reviews have no value at all as they are not planning to use Airbnb in the nearest future or can ask a friend or co-worker to book for them. But we, hosts, are there for years and our 5* reviews are our business assets. Besides, to maintain my Superhost status I need to get a certain amount of guest reviews. If it totally unfair as there is no tool that motivates guests to spare a couple of minutes to express there gratitude to the host for there hospitality and hard effort they put into their work. There should be a tool that makes guests and hosts equal in turns of review value. İf there has been no proven complaints or other issues during guests stay and guest leave no review hosts should be rated 5*. İt would be impartial and rightful.

@Irina293  It used to be that you needed 50% of your guests to leave a review to maintain Superhost status, but they removed that requirement about 6 months ago.

@Sarah977 Oh, Thank you, that's good to know. 

Taking the wait approach now as guests today seem to sit on those reviews and it hurts when you have given them a 5 star review already.  :(.  

We are new hosts, and have been doing really well on reviews, and so excited to work towards Superhost. We were really disappointed when a guest was non responsive to a review. They verbally expressed  how much they enjoyed our place, we accommodated them in every way with early check-in, lowering the a/c, adding more guests, giving input when they asked about places to eat, and even went out of our way to leave a birthday cake to acknowledge the occasion. They checked out late, so when we got there to clean, we even waited patiently. Didn't even acknowledge the cake, until we asked if they enjoyed it. And, they even said how they loved it so much, they would never stay anywhere else when they come again, as they planned on doing that more often. Time for review.....crickets. She even mentioned that we were her first time airbnb experience, and she was so impressed. I even explained how she would be receiving a request for review and that we would be leaving a review, and how important it is to both guests  and hosts. Still..... just crickets. It hasn't been 14 days yet, but to say we are disappointed after going above and beyond, and not hopeful to have our first no review , is an understatement. We decided, this will happen, and not everyone will fully appreciate  and reciprocate. So we chin up, and focus our effort on still delivering a 5 star experience while we work towards our goal of Superhost. In the end, we take great pride and purpose in being hosts, and know that God will reward our efforts. I must say it was tempting to change my nice review where I didn't mention how they did not vacate on time, but that was grace, and we don't like to give only to get. We hope they will learn to be more appreciative of the benefits of airbnb community and reviews over time.  For us, we will continue to treat others in the way we hope to be treated, and try not to let it  make us negative. Thankful for a place like the Community Center, to come learn and get an attitude adjustment ; )