WHEN IS MY GUEST REQUIRED TO PAY?

Steve52
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

WHEN IS MY GUEST REQUIRED TO PAY?

I accepted a guests reservation however have not had any communication from them since.  The reservation is for July 2016.  I went to my transaction history however can't see any indication that they have  paid.  Isn't a guest required to pay after I accept their request to rent my house?  I don't want to hold this week for the guest unless I have some reasonable assurance that they will follow through on the reservation.

2 Replies 2
ZenHomes0
Level 10
Singapore

Hi @Steve52 guests make payment to Airbnb first. Only 24 hours after their check-in will Airbnb disburse the funds to your appropriate payout method. This is a measure to protect guests.

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Steve52, have you received confirmation of the booking? This would include a booking code, and would indicate the amount of money paid by the guest to AirBnB and payable to you (after the guest's arrival). I might have misinterpreted, but from what you've said, it sounds like you simply accepted a guest's request to book tne listing, but the guest has not yet officially booked. You can check your calendar to see whether the dates have been grayed out, and show the name of the guest.