Want to give a guest a partial refund, but they're already checked out. How do I do this?

Hilary0
Level 2
Red Oak, TX

Want to give a guest a partial refund, but they're already checked out. How do I do this?

My foster dog kept my guests awake their first night of a two night stay this past weekend, so I offered to refund the noisy night, which they happily accepted. When I went to the resolution center to set up the refund, I cant access their stay, only my next trip. 

I'm eager to get the refund started for them and would hate to have them have to requst the refund themselves. Does anyone know how I can pull up their stay and get the ball rolling? 

Thank you! 

4 Replies 4
Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Hilary0,

Head to - https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

Under 'Select a reason' choose 'Offer partial reimbursement'... follow the steps!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul: 

I've already gone to the Resolution Center--I've used it before successfully. My trouble is that my guests' stay, which is completed and has already been paid out, is not visible in the resolution center listing. My only choice on the list is a trip I am taking in August. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose a stay that is *completed*  That's what I am asking: how do I find a completed stay and offer a refund on it when it is not available on the list to select? 

Many thanks! 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You might be better off asking the guests if they have a paypal account and (if you have one) just sending them the money. Or a bank transfer.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Hilary0 You can reimburse a previous guest even if you have already been paid in full.  Go to the Resolution Center from your Help guide.  You'll see a future guest at first, but click on the drop down menu under the guest's profile and you'll see all your reservations including ones that have been completed. Click on the appropriate reservation and go from there. 

Here's a great help article on the subject:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request-or-Offer/...

The very first screen shot shows what I'm talking about. 

Hope this helps!